Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When Cammie Gets Bored in the Car...

Funny pictures happen! I was just looking through the Guatoberfest pictures trying to decide what I was going to blog about. I had forgotten that about 13 hours into the trip down I got a little punchy and took some interesting pictures. They made me giggle, I hope they do the same for you!








A family photo of sorts. Ana is sleeping, Ian has a toy on his face, thankfully, Greg is paying attention to the road and there's my goofy face peeking out from behind the camera...



This is in the mirror under my visor...there's the green gooey toy he got at J.R.'s (more about J.R.'s below).



The number of billboards was staggering. Even more staggering though was the content of said billboards! I can't believe some of the advertisements I saw! Here's a good one:



We saw literally hundreds of ads for J.R.'s store. We just HAD to stop there ad see what all the fuss was about. Besides, we needed a camcorder cassette, and I wanted some baby oil to remove some wax from my eyebrows I waxed on the way down (now that's talent wouldn't you say?!). They supposedly have EVERYTHING! Well, guess what? They didn't have camcorder tapes OR baby oil...go figure! They did however have a selection of over 40,000 towels in stock. Geez, if only we had needed a towel...

We left there with Ian's nasty gooey green (probably toxic) toy that occupied him for a good hour and a tube of yucky smelling lip balm. Oh well, at least it was a nice little break from the car...

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the giggle, I needed that ;)

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

hmmmmm all I can think is ditch party pictures :-)

Debbie said...

LOL!! I can honestly say that during our drive to MB, I didn't consider taking out the camera and snapping pictures of myself making faces. I'll try to remember that one for the future. Looks like you had a good time :-)

beanhead said...

Love the pictures

Kathy G. said...

Now that beats all!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

That happened to me one time, in the Adirondacks - an "outpost" advertised as the best thing ever. It was called "Big" something... Big Bear, maybe. It was down this long windy road, and when we got there, it was a huge disappointment.

Then there was the Vermont Wildflower Farm, which were just wildflowers like we have growing in the ditch in a yard. I guess if I had grown up in a city, it might have been a wonder, but even getting a free sample (seeds) didn't make it up to me.