Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting

Ian was pretty excited to tag along with me to the polls today. He was full of questions about who gets to vote, and how the votes are counted, and how do we find out who wins. Ana? Well she really didn't have a choice in the matter but I think she was okay with it. She had a grand time pulling on the booth curtain from the backpack while I dutifully blackened my ovals. Three bodies in a booth were a tad squishy, but we came out okay, and Ian walked out with his "Future Voter" sticker proudly tacked to his chest. As much as his growing up kills me, I am so proud of the little man he is becoming and love watching him start to take interest in the world around him!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I brought Cameron and Olivia to the primaries, and it was tough. Cam kept peeking under to the booth next to us. This year I brought Olivia and Kendall while Cam was at school and Benji was at dance class. Olivia was in the backpack and Kendall was clinging to my leg, so it was a nice experience!

I'm glad Ian had a great voting experience!

Nannie and Papa said...

I think that's great that Ian went to vote with you. Some towns were letting the kids actually vote in a fid vote on special ballots. What a great idea. Get the kids interested in voting at an early age.

Great

Love, Mum