Monday, November 24, 2008

Toddler Work

I am in constant wonder about what goes on in a toddler's mind. She's really starting to understand what we say to her as evidenced by the running to the highchair at the mention of a meal or the complete breakdown when we whisper, "night night time". I just so cool to see how she's starting to process things. But the busy work is what is fascinating to me. I remember Ian doing these tasks as well, one time in particular, carefully transferring multiple bottles of water from one location, across the room one at a time by way of plastic dinner plate. Tonight Ana spent almost 15 minutes pushing a plastic bin from one end of the house to the other, at each end re-arranging the contents of the box (a DVD case and the little box Ian's slinky came in) before turning around. It's so funny to watch how determined she is to get her "work" done.

2 comments:

beanhead said...

I just love it also. I wish for just a little bit of time to get into their heads, but if we could that would ruin their master plan to stump us all.

Nannie and Papa said...

It's amazing to watch and wonder and soooo much fun.

What a joy and they grow up so fast and before you know it they have their own children.

Sorry I got a little carried away

Love, Mum