Friday, November 14, 2008

Bangs, or No Bangs?

Okay. I've been battling with what to do with Ms. Fancy Pant's crazy hair. It is finally long enough that it doesn't stick up in every direction anymore, but we have hit the crossroads where we have to decide; "Bangs or No Bangs". I have long liked the look on a little girl where the hair is pulled back in a simple bow parted to one side. It's what I try to do with Ana's hair every day. My dilemma is that she refuses to leave anything in her hair for any length of time so her hair inevitably ends up right back in her face. We often opt for a "whale spout", "tilted whale spout" or high double ponytails because it is easier to pull into an elastic multiple times than having to re-part and place the barrette. Then again, if we cut her some bangs, we'll have to keep up with it, but her hair won't be in her eyes all the time which would be so nice!

Here's some pictures of Ms. Crazy Hair in her many styles:

My favorite, pulled to the side in a barrette, a bow is even cuter! That's my Uncle Bob with her by the way, she thought he was pretty cool. More about that when I finally get to my Guatoberfest update.



Double High Ponytails:



Whale Spout:



Tilted Whale Spout (see how she has another layer of bangs growing in? These are too short to pull into the elastic):



And this is the one that makes me want to go get her a haircut. Just imagine how cute those normally placed pigtails would be if those bangs weren't hanging in her eyes. They were pulled to the side in a barrette when we left the hotel, which was lost minutes after we reached our destination!



So what do you think, "Bangs or No Bangs"?

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I personally think the bangs are adorable! (she's adorable no matter what, but you know what I mean!)

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I think no bang.....Mimi's personal opinion of course!

How about some mousse in her hair to keep it in place? Or at least over to the side?

She will be adorable no matter which direction you go but what if you cut the bangs and they stick up!!! Just food for thought.

Love Mimi

Sharon said...

I like the one with bangs where you think she needs a haircut! Keep the long bangs! But for once her Mimi is right...she will be adorable no matter what you do!

Amanda said...

It's hair, it grows back ;)

Kathy G. said...

I am going through the same delimma! I personally like her better with bangs. Although she is adorable both ways. Good luck!

Debbie said...

I vote bangs. I love the look of her hair pulled back with the bangs. Of course I also like Lili's hair pulled back with bangs.

Anonymous said...

I happen to like the photos with bangs. Just my opinion though.

Michael and Michelle said...

Do bangs seem to bother her? If not, depending on how she does with the haircut, you can always trim the bangs yourself...if she'll let you. :0)
Will you be cutting her hair, or will sombody else?