Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Want the Sickies to Leave Our House!

Greg and I are both sick now. Seems like it's been non stop for about a month. Ana started with her first bout with wheezing three or four weeks ago which resulted in her being prescribed Pulmicort, an inhaled corticosteroid. We had a heck of a time getting her to take that medication, and she improved in a day so we were wondering if it was indeed necessary at all so we stopped it until we were to have an appointment with her regular doctor. Somewhere after that, Ian had a cough and sore throat for few days, but nothing major. Then Ana had a pretty bad bout of diarrhea (yeah, Milo had it too, at the same time, arrgh!), followed by Ian who again got past it pretty quickly (that kid has some immune system, thank goodness!). Before we could get back to the doctor to discuss Ana's medications, she started with a runny nose and minor cough that very quickly progressed into this latest bout that landed us in the ER the other night. We had to follow up with her doctor's office yesterday only to find out that on top of her breathing issues, she had a full on ear infection as well. So this poor little girl is taking quite a laundry list of medications, and isn't afraid to tell us exactly what she thinks of it! We have to fight her every step of the way, which is nebulizer treatments 6-8 times a day, amoxicillin twice a day, and prednisone twice a day...not to mention the random sprinkling of Motrin or Tylenol for achies, fevers, and ferocious teething! So when I woke up this morning with pretty much no voice, I was more than a little grumpy! On top of feeling icky, we were going to celebrate my birthday with our families tonight and I didn't want to take the chance of getting the baby sick, so I turned them away when they got here and we decided to do it at another date. Anyways, my mum and dad and Greg's mum ended up coming over for tacos anyways, and they gave me some lovely presents; an mp3 player from Greg, Ian and Ana, a yogurt maker from Greg's mum and brother (I've wanted one for so long!), and a craft table to help set up my craft room (ready for crafting dates ladies?!). Thanks for coming over guys, I hope we didn't infect you! And thank you for the wonderful gifts, I am so excited! Hopefully we will have all recovered by Thanksgiving so I can pour the kisses on my nephew again! Before I end for the night, I just wanted to also send thoughts out to my sister, her husband Mike and his family who are in Michigan right now for Mike's uncle's funeral. We've been thinking about you, and love you guys so much.

6 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the tacos.........it was tasty and delightful break from dieting hahaha

Yummy Yummy though :-)

Love Mimi

beanhead said...

I am sorry that you guys have not been feeling well. Hopfully it will all be over soon. My condolences to Mike and Michele and the family.

Amanda said...

Yes, I too would love to rid my house of the sickies! I think it is a lost cause, though. Someone is always sick at my house!

I'm ready for a craft date! We should pick our January day now, before we get all caught up in the Christmas flurry!

Love to Mike, Michelle and family.

Anonymous said...

I hope you all feel better soon. You've had your quota of sickness, and there are no bonus points for overachievers!

We had Applebees with my dad and stepmother for my birthday the weekend before (though, unlike Ian, I don't request/allow singing), and Sam took me to Joe's for dinner on my birthday.

-Carol

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope everyone is feeling better.

Nannie and Papa said...

Thanks so much for the tacos...one of my favorite meals made even better having it with you guys.

It's amazing how lively Ana is through all this sickness. Wow she is a live wire and sooooooo cute.

hapopy Birthday me baby. Even thoug it's really Wednesday. We'll celebrate Wed and Thurs...an extended birthday.

Love, Mum