Friday, November 28, 2008

What Time Were You Up Today?

Well, I was one of those crazies up at 4:00 this morning standing outside the local Wal-Mart. I go with my neighbors every year, and even though there was nothing I needed to buy, it is always amusing, if not a little disturbing, to see the number of people who drag themselves out of bed at that hour to shop. I ended up snagging some pajamas for the kids, and some clothes that Ian desperately needed due to a recent growth spurt. Nancy and Marcia (my neighbors), then brought me out to breakfast as a celebration for my birthday which was so nice! Marcia then went on to work and Nancy and I continued on to Kohls and Target as I was still in search of something nice for Ian to wear for Christmas pictures. It's quite a challenge now that I need to coordinate two outfits, but such a good challenge to have! I just kept thinking about last year at this time when we were shopping for clothes to stuff in a gallon ziplock to send to Ana in Guatemala. It seems so long ago now, when at the time we were enduring the most agonizing wait of our lives! Anyways, were any of you crazy like me?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad and Cheryl were up at 3:30 to wait in the 4 am line at Kohls. My dad said the parking lot was full, and people had to park in the next one. The line wrapped around the corner of the store, and once inside, it took them an hour to get to the register.

I went with Cheryl ONCE, about 10 years ago, we were at the Best Buy at Carousel Mall at 5:15 am, when the mall was pretty new. Since I am one of those crazy people that starts shopping in the February sales and puts things away, I had almost all of my shopping done before Halloween.

I saw the cutest plush rocking horse at Big Lots yesterday, and thought of Ana, but it really was too big to try to ship. If you have a Big Lots near you, it might be worth checking out.

I woke up at 6 this morning (Saturday) because I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house today. Wish me luck.

Carol

beanhead said...

I was not up until 7:30. The one thing I wanted did not go on sale until 9:00. However I was there well before 9:00 and they were all gone. I called every store in upstate New York and no one had one. So I was very disapointed.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I was snuggled up in my bed while you crazies froze your butts off :-)

Mimi

Amanda said...

I was up all night. The outlets in Tilton opened at Midnight. Damien was there at Midnight collecting money with his Fire Department to donate to the WLNH Santa Fund/Christmas Auction. They raised over $4K that day! My Mom and I went to the outlets at 2 a.m. then to breakfast at the Tilton diner and then to Kohl's at 5 a.m. We also hit Staples and Home Depot. We go for the bonding more than the shopping as I have bought most of my items locally, online or am making the rest. I got some great deals on stuff I didn't know I needed, though :)

Amanda said...

Irene, what is it you were looking for? Maybe your blog "friends" can help?

beanhead said...

It is a Doll House Bookcase from AC Moore. It is about 60 inches tall and would work perfect for her new room, but they were all out of them, so my Mom is going to try to see how much the wood would cost and make one for me. Gotta love Moms.

Nannie and Papa said...

I was up also in the Walmart line and am not sure if I will be ther that early again. It was quite the experience I must say. I did get a few good things though.