Saturday, November 29, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We are in the midst of a busy weekend! We spent the morning at the grocery store shopping for the fixings for tomorrow's Thanksgiving meal with Greg's family, and getting the house re-organized after a two week stint of sicky laziness. Shopping for a gluten-free Thanksgiving meal is pretty involved if you are not accustomed to the diet on a day to day business, but this is year number three and I think I'm getting into a groove with it. We will be having a completely gluten-free menu right down to the apple crisp with gluten free oats, which I have just this moment realized I've forgotten to ask Mimi if she has any of, so maybe dessert will have to be altered! In addition to preparing for tomorrow, my aunt Helen from Scotland is in the states visiting her daughter who has been working in New York City for the past couple years and they both flew in this morning to spend the weekend (at my mum's house). So we've just returned from dinner at my mum's with the whole family, what a lovely time we had! It was Ana's (and baby Stevie's) first time meeting Aunt Helen, and Ian is just absolutely in love with Catherine (my cousin) so it was just a really nice night for everyone! Tomorrow morning we will go back to visit for an hour or so before returning to get busy on the Thanksgiving feast before everyone arrives. Then we'll have to really kick ourselves in gear tomorrow night to get everything done that we wanted to before little Stevie starts coming to spend his day's with us on Monday. Please pardon all my run on sentences, my mind is going a wee bit fast at the moment! It's extremely busy, but really, it's the best kind of busy there is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had our Thanksgiving yesterday (Saturday) with my dad and stepmother and our neighbor Eileen. Everything worked out well and tasted pretty good. I had a moment of panic when I went to check on the turkey after an hour and a half and saw the pop up timer had popped (it was slated to take 3.5 hours). I told it it was not allowed to be done yet, tented it with foil, and kept it on low. Everyone complimented me on the juicy turkey, which was cooked perfectly (whew!). I had put little cards with names of the food in each bowl, to make sure I had enough bowls, and also so I wouldn't forget anything. That worked well. Everyone enjoyed each others' company, and a good time was had by all.

Carol

beanhead said...

I don't think you would know what to do if you were not busy. That is just how we are. You are right though you busy is the best kind to have being busy with family and friends.

Nannie and Papa said...

It was a lovely weekend and I know Kathryn and Helen were thrilled to meet Ana for the first time and Ian although they have met him before several times.

I absolutley love it when we all get together.

My favorite thing