Friday, February 29, 2008

Fizzy!

Okay, I think I can function again. I seriously could not put together a cohesive thought this afternoon! I still cannot believe we actually have a date, a solid time when we will have her with us. No more guessing! Let me tell you about our day!

I absolutely intended to take Ian out to do something fun today. We had spent his entire vacation at home, with me stressed out on and off of the computer, or cleaning all week! We were going to meet Greg at work for lunch and then go do something. I really didn't think we would receive our pink today, I fully intended to be waiting all weekend! I checked the computer on and off until about 12:00 when I got a call from the vet to tell us Milo was ready to come home! So Ian and I decided to ask daddy for a rain check, we would pick Milo up and grab some lunch on the way home. I checked the forums one more time before leaving and saw that one person from our group (all those with results that arrived at the Embassy on the 27th) had received their pink! My stomach was in knots, I really wanted to stay by the computer and see if the flood gates of pink were about to open! But Ian was ready and raring to go so off we went. Our vet's office is not more than 15 minutes away, and I was there less than 5 minutes before the receptionist handed me the phone and said, "I think it's your husband." I figured he was calling to talk about how we were going to pay the vet bill (a doozy!), but he instead said "We have a date!" It was all I could do to not run out into the parking lot and scream! I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve. I think Ian explained the feeling best a couple weeks ago he asked if when I got really excited about something if I felt all fizzy inside. I absolutely felt fizzy today! I walked out of that office on clouds (that was one way to take the sting away from the vet bill!)! I got home and seriously could not focus on anything! I opened the e-mail and there it was. I opened up the document and saw on the first line; Ana's name butted right up next to our last name. I think that's when it really hit me that she is ours! Then after I snapped out of that daydream, there was this person to call, that person to write, the blog to update (you should have seen my frenzy to coordinate the pink colors! I finally gave up and went with the gray background! There must have been 5 phases to the "pink" blog change, sorry if you were checking at that time it must have been very confusing!). We had to start calling the travel agent to book tickets, where were we going to stay? You would think we would have thought about this more ahead of time but truthfully, until it was real we just couldn't think about it! Anyways, the afternoon is kind of a blur, lots of phone calls and e-mails, thank you everyone for your well wishes! We have made our plans, we will be leaving on March 11th, and returning on March 17th. We will be either staying at the Westin or the Marriott as we promised Ian there would be a pool (oh and Greg's dying to go swimming too!). I just still can't believe we have reached this point, our daughter is coming home! Then to top it all off, in the mail today, we received a copy of the DNA results and stapled to it was a picture of Ana taken on the day her DNA was taken (which happened to be my mum's birthday!). She looks like quite the chunky little monkey! I just can't wait to get down there and squeeze her cheeks! I will share the picture as soon as I can get it scanned.

Anyways, just wanted to share how the day unfolded. Thank you all for all your support and prayers through these long months. It has meant so much to us to feel you all by our sides helping to hold us up! To everyone who has followed our journey, would you mind leaving a comment for Ana? We plan to get this blog printed in some form and would love for her to know how many people have anxiously awaited her arrival along with us!

25 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Your love for your daughter can't possibly be measured. It has been a true blessing for us to have followed along on this journey. Although we can never completely understand how you feel and what you have gone through, looking back, your daughter will only be able to see the love that it took to bring her home to you. She will know just how very much she was prayed for and loved before she even came to be. She will forever be your daughter.
May God continue to bless all of you with many days of joy, happiness, and all the ups and downs that come with raising a wonderful family.
Ana, we can't wait to meet you...as we've already fallen in love with you, thanks to the love of your parents.

Debbie said...

I have goosebumps!

We have been emailing each other for months throughout this process and it has meant so much to me having others to share all these moments with. Your little family of 3 is going to be a family of 4 in less than two weeks and I am so thrilled and happy for you.

Congratulations! I look forward to reading your future blogs posts as you share stories about your
"2" children.

Debbie said...

And by-the-way, are we keeping the name Ana or changing her name? Inquiry minds want to know.

ed said...

i've been reading and waiting everyday and can't wait until she's home with you. ian has many things to teach her........ congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nannie and Papa said...

This has been a long journey with lots of ups and downs and finally there is an end or should I say beginning in sight. All our prayers have been answered. So looking forward to meeting our new granddaughter. Won't be long now until you have her forever.

Lots of love, Nanee

Nannie and Papa said...

From Pat Thompson: how wonderful that the familyy will all be together; congratulations

From Sandy Winter: How wonderful I wish you all the best for the arrival of Ana!

Be sure to let us know!
From Auntie Bert adn Uncle Bob: THATS GOOD NEWS. Tell Cammie and Greg we are very happy for them and to have a safe flight.


Love ya Bert

From Donna Smith: OMG…I’m so excited for them…..Can’t wait to see the pictures of your new grand daughter

Donna and Bob

Nannie and Papa said...

From Debbie Aubee: SO VERY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nannie and Papa said...

From your cousin Alison: Great news! Say hi from me & hope everything goes well.
See you soon!
Love Alison
xxx

Sharon said...

WOW! What a journey you've taken all of us on with this blog. Words cannot express how happy I am for all of you! So for now I am sending very big hugs to you all (yes, even to that very goofy guy that you married!). Much love to you all and my message to Baby Girl will be forthcoming.

Teresa and Shawn said...

Hi Cammie - It's Teresa, Michelle's friend. I check in on your blog occasionally and was so thrilled for you to hear the news that Ana is coming home this month! After such a long, incredible journey, there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel. May you have a safe journey to bring your daughter home where she belongs.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Cammie!!!!!! I am soooooo happy for you and your family! I am sitting here crying for you guys, as I know exactly how you are feeling. Well, at least close to it! Isn't it surreal! You will be bringing your baby girl home very very soon. What a beautiful thing. I wish you and yours a truly special and safe and warm and loving trip.

You must be going crazy. I can't even remember the days before I left. They were all a whirlwind of getting everything ready. Luis and I will be thinking of you guys and can't wait to meet Ana and you too!

Love to you all,
Susan and Luis

Parent Coordinator said...

How exciting for you and your family! Enjoy the "fizzy" feelings :)

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! 5 days, 18 hours left. It's just amazing! I am so happy for you. What an incredible story you have to tell your daughter about the journey getting her home to you.

My best to you, Greg and Ian and I continue to hold you in my prayers.

beanhead said...

Thank you for allowing me to stalk you on this journey. It has been a pleasure to support you. Your family so deserves this wonderful little child. She is truly a dream come true for you.

beanhead said...

Dear Ana,
I know that I have only seen pictures of you, but because your Mummy and Daddy love you so much. I feel like I already know you. My heart has been so full of joy and love for you. I hope you have been able to feel all the love that was and is coming your way from everyone.
I can not wait to meet you in person. My daughter Ella is so excited to meet you also. She has been very much thinking of you thoughout you journey. Her first thought of you was to say FRIENDSHIP. I believe that she will truly be a friend to you.
You are a very lucky girl. The love and support that you have is like no other. I can not wait to see you and your new family grow together.
Love,
Auntie Renie

Kelly said...

I am so proud of you and your family. After such a journey, a new one is to begin! Ana is a very lucky girl to be a part of your family. The girls and I cannot wait to meet Ana. Best of luck on your travels! xoxo

Michelle said...

I am so happy everything has worked out for your family. It has been amazing to follow your journey. Have a safe trip, and pack your summer clothes - it is warm and sunny for those of us here near the equator! I look forward to reading future updates and seeing pictures of you all together in NH.
All the best,
Michelle

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Have a great trip.

Shez and Karlo said...

So happy for you all! Both my sister and your sister have kept me up-to-date on your journey (I'm not a very good blogger I'm afraid) and I was sooooo thrilled to hear you got the pink! Can't wait to see little Ana as she joins your family

love Sherry and Mark

Nannie and Papa said...

Counting down the hours until you will have Ana with you forever. Am so excited for you and can hardly wait until we can you her. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy every minute of it.

Love, Mum

beanhead said...

Not long now. I can hardly stand it. I feel all fizzy inside. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Ok , Cammie has been really busy and stress...so she has not had time to update the blog..so I figure I would post a quick note.

Yes, we are leaving to Pick up Ana in about 4 hours :)

We leave NH at 6:04 am EST.

We will be back on March 18th at about 12:24am EST.


Cammie has been meaning to make a blog update..but at less..she has not had time..

She plans to make a update from the Hotel tomorrow!

Wish us luck.....!

Ian and I were driving in the car today, and he said that the world *maybe god* was celebrating Ana coming home...because it was a nice day

-Greg

Candy said...

AWESOME NEWS....WOO HOOOO go get your CHUNKY MONKEY..HUGS

Amanda said...

Best wishes and good luck to you all on your trip to beautiful Ana. Ian, you are right, the world and God are celebrating with you! Have fun in the pool and give lots of hugs and kisses to your baby sister for all of us back home!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ana and your new family,
AS you begin your new life with all of us here in NH know how much we all love you and can't wait to spoil you! I am Grammy Char, your Mommie's "other mother" cuz I have known and loved your Mommie since she was a very little girl and have watched her grow into a beautiful young woman. I am your brother Ian's Grammy Char and I hope you will let me be your Grammy Char. I can't wait to hold you and tickle you and give you so many kisses and cuddles. It has been a long emotional journey waiting for you to come home to us. We have had a candle in the window that we light every night and will continue to light until you are here in NH. We love you Ana, you are finally coming home!
Love and Kisses sweet baby girl.
Grammy Char and Grampy Scott