Monday, February 25, 2008

I Feel Like I'm Living a Bad Country Song Today...

My dog is sick ick ick
Husbands car won't start art art
My car's outta gas as as (hee hee, sorry!)
House is a mess ess ess
and the social worker is a comin' toniiiiiigggghhhht...

That's right folks, Milo the wonder dog has not been himself the past couple days. Just kind of lying around, no havoc wreaking, totally ignoring the cat even! I just returned from the vet and they suspect he may have a urinary tract infection so we're waiting on the results of that right now.

So, Greg gets up this morning, actually earlier than usual because he's coming home early to meet with our SW for our home study update. He goes out to start his car, and it won't start. He left his lights on overnight and the battery is completely dead. He tries to jump it to no avail, and gets out our handy dandy battery charger and wouldn't you know it, it won't even take a charge! So seeing his only option is to take my car to Wal-Mart (remember, I needed a vehicle to get the dog to the vet so I couldn't be without today) to buy a new battery (which I have to say, I'm pleased my pack rat husband kept the receipt from his last battery purchase because Wal-Mart has a lifetime replacement policy, so that takes care of the $80.00 we didn't have for a battery!). He was on his way home, about half a mile from our house when the steering suddenly locks up on him as he's rounding a bend. The car is out of gas and has stalled. It takes all his strength to steer the car around the bend (we must have been very strong before power steering!) and pull the car to the side of the road. Thankfully, he has a gas tank in the back of the car with enough fuel to get the van to the gas station to fill up. He finally makes it home, puts in his new battery and heads off to work 2 1/2 hours later than he started.

It's all very funny (well except for Milo, my poor little doggy). I've tried to contact the social worker to see if we might be able to postpone a few days, but I haven't heard back. Well, worst case he shows up and the house is still a mess ess ess, and Greg is late ate ate...

I'm not blue though, you wanna know why? Are you ready to sing the chorus to my song? Here we go...

DNA results are on their way ay ay
to the Embassyyyyyy!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horray-ay-ay. It won't be long now-ow-ow. Hope your day-ay-ay improves. Seeing how it can't get much worse. Just think how close you are to you final pick-up trip. That should bring a smile to your face. Ohhh, and bye the way, I love the sweater you crocheted for the baby. It came out really nice. I have never tried to crochet more than a blanket (small, baby size). I prefer to knit instead. I find I knit better than crochet. You did a good job. Good luck on you return trip to Guatamala.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! hurry up and get them there!! alright!, already!!!!!
Kathy

beanhead said...

WooooooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to be eating, sleeping, and breathing pink for the next few days. I love country music. I am sorry you had a bad start to the day, but is was all worth it to get the info on the DNA.

Kelly said...

ok, cammie, that was bad....

good luck tonight, not that you will need it!

Gail said...

Well, dna on its way to the embassy is good ood ood.
Gail

Sharon said...

Two of my favorite all time quotes: "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans", John Lennon. "Life is too important to be taken seriously", Oscar Wilde. I've been inspired & comforted by these words through my adult life and hope they will do the same for you. Besides, I'm sure that the social worker has seen far worse than a maybe messy house that is filled with love. The best part is that you've made it through the DNA hurdle!!! YEAH!!! I am sorry poor Milo is punky. Please give him a big belly rub from me. And as far as that bestie boy that you married, I have a yet another quote from John Lennon from the song of the same name, "Instant Karma's gonna get you!!!"...hehehe. Please pass that message along to him from his very favorit cousin. ; )

Debbie said...

Oh what a day ay ay!
The poor doggie ie ie!
And poor Greg eg eg!
But all is well el el!
Cause soon you'll be in Guatemala ala ala!
Picking up Ana Ana Ana! Or did you choose a different name ame ame?
Still waiting on that one!

Okay, your song was was much better! But I'm so happy and excited for you.

You should also check my blog. I just updated it!