Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

Okay, why does it seem that every time I whine I have to turn around and eat my words? I just got an e-mail from our coordinator to let us know that our case has been registered. But beyond that, she also let us know that Ana's birth certificate had been issued and that the attorney is working on getting the passport. After that she will submit for 2nd DNA authorization, DNA will be taken and sent to a lab in the U.S., then sent back to the embassy in Guatemala, our pink slip will be issued within a few days after that. I believe getting the passport takes at the most a couple days, as does the obtaining the authorization, then the rest will depend on when the DNA is taken. We're getting closer folks! It's amazing what a little update will do to change a morning around, consider my funk lifted!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning, I got to work and called Cammie. I could tell she was still in a sour mood.

I ask her if she had seen the update from Edna...Cammie's reaction was "Greg why joke like that......don't you know you are risking your life..or at the very less a finger with that type of joke"

2 minutes late she read the email..and life was good again...

-Greg

beanhead said...

I am doing a jig right now. WOHOO WOHOO. Thanks for making my day great.

Nannie and Papa said...

Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All is good. Knew it!!!!!!!!!! Won't be long.

Mum

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Are ya startin' to feel bi-polar yet? :-)

Mimi

Debbie said...

Cammie,

That is great news.

The passport should only take a day and then your attorney will need to have some documents translated back to English for the Embassy. That should only take a day or two though. But then comes orange and then the long awaited "pink." You are almost done.

Amanda said...

I am so happy for you! I was thinking about your attachment and bonding post and did a little internet search myself. If you don't have a baby carrier yet I highly recommend the Ergo. It is super supportive for the parents and can be used past 2 and 3 years old.
http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/

Can't wait for that post that says "I'm Here!"

Gail said...

Hang in there Cammie!! It is only a few more weeks and then she is yours forever!!!!
Gail

Michael and Michelle said...

Just reading through the comments, and I agree with Amanda...it may be a great way to bond with her to look into attachment parenting ideas...like that carrier. I know you, and I know you will do whatever works for your family...ohhh I can't wait to hear that she's coming home!! :)