Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Still Nothing to Report...

This has been by far the hardest part of the process. I feel like we are in an information black hole. I do a lot of surfing of other blogs and forums and see so many people who got out of PGN after us (sometimes more than 2 weeks after!) getting their pink slips (their embassy appointment) already. It's just killing me to still be in the dark! I was told that the town Ana was born in has no problems with issuing birth certificates but it seems like that could be the only thing we are waiting for at this point. I have to assume that the final adoption decree making Ana legally our daughter has been signed (we were told we would hear if there was trouble locating the birth mom). I hate that she is legally ours yet still the weeks are passing without her being with us! I'm trying to be patient, really I am! I think I'd be better if we just knew where in the process we are! I'm trying to understand that the attorneys are undoubtedly crazy busy with the registering of all their cases to the Central Authority, today is the last day for that to happen. Our agency says that their attorneys have successfully registered all of their cases so that's fabulous news for all those families who have been in limbo waiting to get back into PGN. Hopefully now that that is done we'll hear something on our case by the end of the week. Please, please, please let us hear something...Thursday will be 5 weeks in the dark and I just want my little girl home!

4 comments:

beanhead said...

Sending good vibes your way. Just keep in mind that at the end of this black hole there is a beautiful little light waiting for you to love her.

Nannie and Papa said...

I am praying every day for you. It will happen very soon I know it will. Keep the faith Cammie and Greg. Keep looking at Ana's picture and before you know it you will be looking at her in person.

love you, Mum

Michael and Michelle said...

As always you are in my bible groups prayer intentions. Hang in there my friend, I can't imagine what you are going through right now...in the end when you are united for the rest of her life...this will be yet another memory you can share with her to show her how loved and wanted she was from the VERY beginning.

Debbie said...

Cammie,

I can already tell this is going to be the hardest part of the wait and I thought PGN was bad. Well, PGN was bad. We spent 16 weeks in PGN. UGH!

Hang in there. Before long you'll get that call letting you know you have Orange and the next thing you know, you'll wake up and she'll be with you.