Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Well, Mr. Fed Ex Guy, You Tried...

Well, Mr. Fed Ex Guy tried to deliver our package today, but seems to have been turned away because it was too late. I've heard that if the package doesn't arrive by 3:30 at the Embassy that it will not be accepted. I have however also seen a package be delivered and accepted at 4:06 pm, so who knows what the story is! At any rate, our DNA results sit at the Fed Ex facility in Guatemala City overnight and will not get there until tomorrow. It is what it is I guess!

In other news, the vet called this afternoon and wanted to see Milo back in the office right away, his blood results came back quite abnormal and they are thinking he may have Addison's disease (his adrenal glands are not working). He remains at the clinic to receive IV fluids, in hopes to stabilize him to do the test that will determine for sure if this is what he is suffering from. He is very ill, but if/when he recovers, a monthly injection should keep his adrenal glands in check and he should be able to go back to wreaking havoc on the household. On any normal day Milo makes me completely insane, but the last few days he has been so off. I knew in my gut something was not right and I feared it might be something serious. Why did it take something like this to realize how much I really care about him? I really miss him, that little booger... So if you wouldn't mind, could you say a little prayer for my doggy tonight?

5 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

A STUMP FOR A TAIL

You can't buy loyalty, they say
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
Well just the same, I bought that too.
I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small.
I bought a single trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start.
If you think these things are not
for sale, Buy a brown-eyed puppy with
a stump for a tail.

--- author unknown ---

Sharon said...

I am so sad for Milo! This just breaks my heart. I will certainly pray for the little guy, and spread the word to all of my friends who are in prayer chains. It is amazing how, in spite of their bad habits, they weazel their way into our hearts and homes. Poor doggie. My brother's dog, Bailey a maltese was very sick last year and they thought he had Addison's. It turned out that he didn't have it but he was very sick but did get better. Poor doggie-he is a big lumux but a sweetie pie.

beanhead said...

O.k. MR. FEDEX man. I will give you until tomorrow, but no longer.

Milo thinking of you tonight. Those silly dogs really pull at the heart strings. Remember Abby? Darn things can't live with and can't live without them.

Gail said...

I sure hope you can change this blog to PINK soon. It is a much nicer color.
Gail

Debbie said...

I'm sure the Fed Ex guy will deliver results today and before the week is out you'll have ePink.

Poor Milo! You know, the ones who drive us crazy the most are also the ones we love the most :-)

Hope he's feeling better soon.