Thursday, February 28, 2008

No Pink today...

Well, I guess today wasn't the day. I'd like to hope it will be tomorrow, but I have a nagging feeling that we will be waiting over the weekend. I was actually able to stay away from the computer trap today, believe it or not! I was cleaning because we had rescheduled our appointment with the social worker from Monday to this afternoon. It all went well, literally just an update of our home study that he did last year, making sure nothing had changed. Ian didn't offer him any boogers this time thankfully, but we didn't escape without incident. Ian was goofing around on the couch next to the SW and did a headstand while simultaneously tooting (passing gas, farting, whatever you like to refer to it as) as his bum was in the air, announced it loudly and laughed hysterically...nice. That was about it for Ian but Greg had to make it interesting as well. R asked to use our bathroom and Greg says "Do you need toilet paper?" I gasped. Did he seriously just ask the social worker if he was going to take a poop in our bathroom? R laughed and declined, he wouldn't be needing any this time. We could hear him laughing to himself in the bathroom (I'm sure he heard me scolding Greg). Now, in his defense, Greg did have a reason to ask this. He arrived home from work about 15 minutes before R's arrival and needed to use the bathroom himself (you guessed it, he needed toilet paper). I asked him if it was completely necessary to stink up our bathroom minutes before the SW's arrival and asked him to take his business to the upstairs bathroom. Instead of retrieving a new roll of toilet paper, he just grabbed the roll from the downstairs bathroom (arrgh, men!). So I guess it had to be asked, and was better than the alternative of R having to ask for toilet paper, how embarrassing would that be! So R thanked Greg for having his back and we had a good laugh about it. Good thing he has a sense of humor....with this family!

We talked to the vet today and she said Milo continues to improve and they will be doing the test for Addison's tomorrow. He may be able to come home tomorrow as well! Ian and I went to visit him yesterday, and he was looking a lot better already. He had an IV that was wrapped in a hot pink bandage, Ian was quick to ask why they put Milo in a girl color (clearly he forgets his favorite color up until about a year ago was that very same color, and that he insisted for a while that I buy him fuschia crocs, oh and the pink maribou dress up princess slippers he used to parade around the house in, man he's in for it when he starts dating huh?!). I think Milo is wearing pink in support of Ana coming home personally! Anyways, I'll update you all tomorrow, and I'll be wearing pink again, think pink everyone!

5 comments:

beanhead said...

All I can say is Oh Greg! I am glad to hear that Milo is feeling better. I do not have any pink clothes, but I have a very big pink heart that will be thinking of Ana today. My new favoriate song. Pinky pinky bo binky banana fana foe finky fe fi fo winky pinky.

Nannie and Papa said...

Thinking Pink

Debbie said...

LOL! You just never know what to expect when you have boys in the house.

I was so sure you would get "pink" yesterday. AHHH!!!

Maybe you should change your blog page color to pink now.

Anonymous said...

Cammie is may shot me for updating the blog first..but WE HAVE OUR DATE TO PICK UP ANA!

March 13th at 7:15am EST

-Greg

beanhead said...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
All I can do is cry and scream. I am so happy for you guys.