Sunday, February 17, 2008

Playing Catch Up

A little catching up to do. Greg is going to get the video uploaded of Ian's recital (I really need to learn how to do that!) soon so I can share that, but for now I'll just post a picture. The song he played this time was called "The Dance Band". Once again, he got up there with no music and played his piece, we were very proud!



My cousin Katherine flew in from NYC on that Friday night and spent the weekend at my mum and dad's house so we got to spend a lot of time with her which was really nice. Ian loves Katherine and was very excited to see her again! On Saturday, we went to Time to Clay to paint pottery. This happens to be Ian's favorite activity so he came with us and did pretty well hanging out with the girls (my mum, sister, Katherine and I). He painted a pirate and a lizard statue, but mostly liked hugging and kissing on his Auntie Shel and beloved Katherine! Anyways, the next morning, we all went out to breakfast at our favorite 50's style diner where my mum and I enjoyed sharing plates as usual, half each of a ham and cheese omelette and a waffle topped with blueberries, strawberries and ice cream (breakfast of champions don't you think?!). Thanks for visiting Katherine!

On to Valentine's Day! Besides receiving our newest set of Ana pictures (oh and for those who are wondering, we have not arrived at a decision on her name yet!) and the news that we had received our birth certificate finally, here's a little recap of the rest of our Valentine's Day. I woke up to Ian wishing me a Happy Valentines' Day and wanting to give me his present which was an adorable mailbox he went and made at Lowes with Greg the previous weekend. It has two mail slots and a little heart flag you can put up, so cute! Ian had his Valentine's Day party at school and came home with Valentine's from all his friends, so that was very exciting! When he came home, I gave him the present I made for him which was a fleece blanket covered in dogs (he loves dogs!!) that he has been dragging around ever since (all I can think of is Linus!). I was literally sewing up the last seam 5 minutes before the bus came in true Cammie form! We went on a date for lunch at Louie's Pizzeria and spent two hours eating and playing "I spy" his newest favorite game, it was so nice. Then we came home to start getting ready for our special Valentine's Day dinner we were preparing for daddy of home made pizza, cupcakes (decorated by Ian), and "kid's champagne" (sparkling cider). Greg came home with flowers for me and a gigantic cookie for Ian, we were both very pleased!



We immediately spiraled birthday marathon weekend. February is a big month for birthday's in our family. My brother in law Michael kicks off the month on the 1st, my mum's is the 15th, my sister-in-law's is the 16th and my sister's is today, the 17th. We celebrated all the birthdays by getting together and going out to dinner on Saturday night. It was really a great time, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE! My dad declared that we are to try our very best to avoid any more family birthday's in February (so Mike and Michelle, watch it from April to June!)

So it's been a busy month so far. I'm hoping to keep up the momentum this week and hear that we are ORANGE (which means that we have had our second DNA authorized), and hopefully have it collected as well, so be on the lookout for that! Of course we've got an extra day to get through before hearing anything seeing as it's a holiday weekend! That's certainly one thing I will be happy to have back when this adoption is complete, looking forward to weekends again! When you are in process, nothing happens on the weekend, so even though they are supposed to be family time and we're supposed to look forward to them all week long, we really do look forward to getting back to business on Mondays at the moment.

3 comments:

beanhead said...

Sounds like everyone has been having a blast. I love the gifts. Handmade is the best. Well here to ORANGE. Remember Ella likes ORANGE for Ana and Ella's favoriate color is PINK. So you have some good Karma coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Ian reminds me of my two little boys, Jacob and Andrew, with their own "silky" blankets. They both can be seen dragging their silkies in tow. They go everywhere. I have often thought of "Linus". Funny you should say that. Glad to hear things are still moving forward nicely. Can't wait to meet her.

Debbie said...

What a busy month you've had already.

Love the blanket and especially love the mailbox. I'm sure you will treasure that for years to come.

I'm also with you about the weekends and Holidays. Hate them!