Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stuff and Things...


For your viewing pleasure:
some pictures, some video, and a little giggle at the end....

The sweater I crocheted for Ana:


The piggy bank I painted when Greg, Ian and I went to do pottery a few Saturdays ago:


The adorable hats Greg's mother's friend sent for the kids (the kids...doesn't that sound cool?):




Greg's recent attempt at making chocolate chip cookies.
He didn't feel the need to measure the ingredients, hopefully this was a lesson learned for him:



Video of Ian's piano recital:



I have never shared any of the video of our visit with Ana. Mostly because it was very hard to watch it for a long time (pictures are one thing, but video just puts you back there totally), but also because I act like such a goon on it! Anyways, thought I'd share a clip of our girl in action! Enjoy!



And last but not least, here's an Ianism for a giggle:

Last Friday night (the 15th) after his piano lesson, I brought Ian by my mum and dad's to wish my mum a happy birthday. Ian told me he wanted to sleep over their house, but I told him that it was not polite to ask. If they asked him that was fine, but we were not going to ask them. So we get there, and hang out for a while. Ian calls my dad into the other room. Usually this means he is trying to scam some of their favorite snack, Cheez-Its. Well my dad comes back in the room with a semi-smile on his face. I knew immediately that Ian had mentioned sleeping over. I pressed my dad, but he wouldn't tell me what they talked about. A little while later, this is the conversation that emerged:
My dad starts, "Ian wants to have a sleepover" to which my mum replies, "Well of course he can sleep over!" I said, "I knew that's what he was doing earlier!" My dad just smiled. So Greg goes into the other room and asks Ian about it. Ian tells Greg, "I didn't ask to sleep over! I asked Papa to ask mumma to let me because he's her dad and he can tell her what to do!" Greg came back with a big smirk on his face and told me what Ian said. We all had a good laugh, and even though I know I should have made a lesson out of it, Ian ended up getting his way. I just couldn't resist the thought of waking up without six year old feet in my face! Nothing like rewarding manipulative behavior huh?!

5 comments:

beanhead said...

Those were all great. Tell Greg we should get together to cook. With his cooking skills and my oven issues we could really be amazing. I am sure that it is hard to watch the videos of Ana, so thank you for sharing that with us. I feel so honored to have been able to see it. I can not wait for the firs time I get to see her in perosn. Not long now. WHOO HOO!!!!

Nannie and Papa said...

This was an extra special treat getting to see Ana giggle like that. How wonderful. Ian's recital was sooooo good and I'd forgotten about him heading right for Miss Beth after he was done. SO cute. He did so well. Greg your cookies look like hamburgers!!! I did taste one and they were just a little chewy but good.
Can't wait to go pink

Love, Mum

Michelle said...

The video of Ana giggling is just precious. Thanks for sharing it.

Amanda said...

"The kids" sounds wonderful and brings tears to my eyes knowing the joy you have saying it.

Greg, the cookies look delicious :)

Debbie said...

Loved the videos! The cookies looked "interesting." Sweater looks great! If it was something I had crocheted, I'm sure one sleeve would have been longer than the other :-) Nice job on the piggy bank too.