Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Orange!

I was working on another post but it had to be interrupted by some news I received today. You may be wondering why my site is all orange today. Well, in the Guatemala adoption world, the color orange signifies the issuance of authorization for the 2nd DNA test, and the color pink signifies the issuance of your embassy appointment (I think it is due to the color paper these forms are printed on). Well, I received an e-mail from Lab Corp today letting me know that Ana's 2nd DNA sample has arrived at the lab! So apparently we became orange sometime in the past few days. The woman, Pat, who has been a wonderful source for many anxious adoptive parents, said that it usually takes 7-10 days for the DNA analysis to be completed (though it can be quicker), then she will supply us with a tracking number so we can track it back to the US Embassy in Guatemala. I am so grateful for this information! So be looking for the blog to turn pink next!

8 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I love the color Orange!~~~~~~~~~~

And pink will be the most wonderful color in the world!

Love, Mimi

beanhead said...

I told you that Ella felt orange and pink were special to Ana. I am so happy. I can not wait to stalk to FedEX site. I will be so lost when all of this over. Happy but lost.

Amanda said...

Go Orange! Woohoo! Come on pink!

Gail said...

YAY!!! I like the color too.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Great news Cammie!

I'll be watching for this beautiful orange to turn to a wonderful bright pink!

I am just so happy for you.

~Lisa

Michael and Michelle said...

Awesome orange color!! I didn't even need to read the post to know what the orange background meant!! Hoooraayyyy!!!

Nannie and Papa said...

Soooooo excited. Everyone at work are soooo happy and excited for you. Looking forward to going pink!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!! Oh, Cammie, I'm so happy for all of you! I checked your site some time after I got home from Guatemala, but haven't had a chance to email you. Ana will be home very very soon and we will have to meet sometime for a playdate with Luis and Ana!

I'm a tad bit overwhelmed with being a new mommy, but have so much love and support from family and friends. So much to learn. So much change. BUT, it is all worth it. I love my little boy so much and am so lucky to have him.

I am sooooooooo excited for you to bring Ana home. It's like a dream, the whole trip and coming home! Can't wait to talk with you soon.

Susan and Luis