Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Treasured Gift, 2/365

A Treasured Gift, 2/365

I know.  Kinda boring.  However, my camera battery died earlier in the day and I couldn't find the backup one so the first opportunity for a picture was after the kids were in bed; after I was exhausted, and uninspired.  Anyways, the subject of the photo is pretty important to me.  This was a gift from my kids for Christmas.  Greg bought me a Keurig, and I love it!  I'm the only one who drinks coffee in the house, and I'm not a big coffee drinker at that.  I really do enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea in quiet moments while reading, or as an after dinner treat though.  It has never made sense to have a coffee pot, so I've been drinking decaffeinated instant for quite a while, and it's been doing the trick, but it's nothing compared to a fresh brewed cup of coffee!  I think it was Ian who thought a pair of slippers (from Ian) and this coffee mug (from Cooper) would be the perfect gift to go with it (along with a very thoughtfully picked out skein of yarn and knitting needles from Ana).  To be honest, this isn't the exact mug they gave me.  Unfortunately, the original one broke after the first couple days.  Someone knocked it off the counter and it shattered.  It was a little different, saying "Live, Love, Laugh" instead, but when I went back, this was the only one they had.  I do love it though; it's very fitting isn't it; as my children are my greatest blessings!

No comments: