Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Little Catching Up


Glow, 18/365
No!  I didn't miss days with the 365 project!  We've had a pretty stressful week and I haven't picked up my Nikon in several days, but thanks to the ease of my phone's camera, and my little Kodak point and shoot, I did take pictures; even if they aren't that great.  Anyways, on Wednesday night, we went to see Disney on Ice Celebrates 100 Years of Magic.  It was fantastic!  I was a little worried about how Cooper would do, and if it would hold his attention.  He did get antsy in the second half, but over all, he did great!  Ana was absolutely enthralled the entire time, particularly when the princesses took the stage; and even Ian enjoyed the show!  We let the kids each pick out a souvenir at the beginning of the show; Ian and Ana picked the snow cone cups, Ian's Bruce the Shark from Finding Nemo and Ana's a Cinderella themed one.  Cooper picked a Buzz Light Year glow in the dark sword, and well, you can see by the picture how much he adores it.  The entire time, it was either clutched tight like this, or was swinging around, barely averting whacking the grumpy people sitting in front of us.



Hello?  19/365
Oh...yeah.  This one is exciting.  Lucky I was sitting goofing around with my camera phone that day, or else there wouldn't even have been a picture!  I've been fighting a cold this week, and fell asleep on the couch at about 7:30; I didn't wake up until after midnight, and was in a panic thinking I had missed taking a picture that day.  Well, I was pleased to remember I did take one!  Even if it is just a picture of our crappy old phone!  The numbers are wearing off; you can barely hear it when it rings; and look, you have the choice of tone vs. pulse!  Mind you, the tone part doesn't work...so you have no choice but to wait while it pulses away.  Ian says, "Mom, why does it make that noise, and why does it take so long to dial?!"  It's pretty funny actually...I remember having the rotary phones in our house growing up...it was so frustrating when you messed up the number and had to start over!  Anyways, it is nice to have a  phone on the wall for when I can't figure out where I have laid the cordless phone which happens on pretty much a daily basis.  So here it is, in all it's splendor!

Who, me?  20/365
This is a mug I made at a local pottery painting place called To Your Art's Content.  Ian and Ana both LOVE going there, and on one of our trips, I decided to make something along with them.  I saw something similar in a store somewhere, and thought it would be a fun way to enjoy my morning cup of coffee.  If I were to make it again, I would definitely put the mustache closer to the rim.  But it is fun to goof around with anyways.  This was actually a picture again from my phone that I sent to my sister to make her giggle....I think it worked.

No comments: