Friday, January 27, 2012

More Catching Up

Hand Wash Only, 21/365
Febi is a seriously happy baby!  I had to set her down to help Cooper with something so I put her on the pile of clean laundry that had started to take over a corner in the living room.  It was the perfect prop for her, and she just smiled away at us!

Danger Dan, 22/365
On Monday, Cooper and I accompanied Ana on a field trip with her preschool class to a new place in Exeter called Airzone.  It is all blow ups, from slides to bouncy houses.  They had a ball!  There were a few kids in Ana's class who were weary of climbing the big slide, but Cooper plowed right through them all and went down over and over.  I swear this child has no fear.  That is how he has earned the nickname "Danger Dan" in our house.  From trying to stick knitting needles in sockets, climbing onto counters, bay windows and over the high backs of our furniture; from using rolling toys as footstools to standing on tables and arms of chairs squealing "Wook a me!", he is an accident waiting to happen.  He really is the easiest 2 year old out of our three kids, BUT, I am quite certain he will be the first to need stitches or a cast of some sort!

Twenty Piggies 23/365
I know...more feet.  I just can't help myself!  I love kids' feet and hands!  This was Ana and Febi the other day.  While the boys were sleeping, Ana wanted to hold Febi so she sat in her Ana sized reclining chair and I propped Febi up in her arms.  It was the perfect perch for her and she sat there happy as a clam for over half an hour!  I was sitting on the floor, and liked the difference in size between their feet, so out came the camera.

Down Time 24/365
The kids spend a lot of time pretending they are camping.  Here they have set up their "sleeping bags" and pillows and are having a little quiet time.  Moments before I took this picture, Stevie and Ana were fighting over who was going to hold Febi's hand.  Until I pointed out that she in fact had two!  You can see that Ana is still trying to be a little possessive.  I love how Febi is looking at her though...and that you can see Stevie has a grip on her little hand.  He adores his sister!

We Love Popcorn, 25/365
I spent all day yesterday trying to search out ingredients that I needed to make "movie style popcorn" for our  PTA Family Movie Night scheduled for tonight.  Specifically, I was looking for the Flavacol popcorn seasoning.  I had been able to find the stuff online, but the shipping was outrageous!  I went to four stores yesterday morning, before calling Sam's Club and discovering they not only had popcorn salt, but 50lb bags of popcorn kernels!  I was so excited!  I don't have a membership, but the lady on the phone told me I could shop, but just pay a 10% upcharge.  Seeing as it would only amount to a couple dollars overall, and that it was still going to be a good deal, I decided to go for it.  I got to the store, loaded the 50lb bag into my cart, the salt, and a pack of 500 popcorn bags and went to the checkout line.  That's when I was basically told that I shouldn't even have been able to be in the store without a membership.  That they no longer do day passes, and that they will let me buy this time, but not again unless I buy a membership.  Feeling like a hardened criminal at this point, I whipped out my credit card to complete the transaction and end my misery, I was then told that they don't take Visa.....

huh?

Yeah, they don't take Visa!  I was near to tears as I told them I had no other means to pay, and that I was going to have to return the stuff.  It was pretty devastating leaving those things behind; four hours of running around yesterday morning got me nowhere!!  When we got home, I found the snack that I popped for Ian earlier on the counter, and decided I had to make peace with my popcorn misadventure, so I got out the camera.  After all, I really do love popcorn!  Sam's Club, notsomuch.......

1 comment:

terrikran1969 said...

Sam's Club did the same thing to Don and I. They actually did send us a day pass and the cashier made us feel like we were committing a crime by shopping there and not having a membership. I have one now but rarely use it.