Saturday, January 28, 2012

All Caught Up!

Long Day, 26/365
It was one of those days!  Look at that mess behind my reclined slippers, arrgh!  We spent the morning finally getting our hands on the elusive popcorn salt I searched for for four hours the day before, and going to Wal Mart to get the popcorn, bags and a few other items.  This was all done in really icky pouring rain, and we were soaked by the time our tasks were complete.  We then went to hang out with my mum who has just spent the majority of the last week in the hospital due to complications from pneumonia.  We arrived home in time to see Ian off the bus, and get everything together for the PTA Family Movie Night that I was running.  It was a good time, even though my mind was very preoccupied, and things didn't get set up, or started early enough to make it run smoothly.  It was just one of those exhausting days!  When we got home at 9pm, I just couldn't deal with cleaning up the days clutter.  Instead, I put on my nightgown and my cozy slippers, and plopped myself down in the recliner.  Sometimes you just have to let it go!  

Blue, 27/365
This is Ian.  He doesn't always feel the need to see things through.  He's a lot like his mumma that way.  We get excited about starting a new project, but get bored before it can be finished.  Anyways, even though he often gives us a hard time about going to karate class, he always comes back out of it with a smile on his face saying, "Thank you!  That was a great class, I'm so glad I went!".  I am so proud that he has stuck with karate for almost two years now!  He is currently a blue belt with one stripe towards his green belt.  I don't know how other dojo's work, but in his, you start with a white belt, then purple, yellow, orange, blue, green, brown and black.  So I really feel like he has accomplished something with this!  I love watching him go through his movements, he is so precise, and sharp with them.  It is good for his mind and body!

No comments: