Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Whine and you shall receive?

Well, I'm a little embarrassed by my whining about not having an update yet. I don't believe I mentioned that Greg has been away on business since last Thursday, he just arrived home at 3:30 today. I am now an even bigger believer in the "things happen when they're supposed to" philosophy because obviously we weren't meant to get an update until Greg was home and we could view the pictures together! I opened up my e-mail as soon as we got home and lo and behold there they were, photos of our Ana and a brief message from our coordinator:

"I hope you are well. I met with Ana yesterday and she seems to be doing wonderfully. Her caretakers say she coos often, she smiles, she turns to sound, and she sleeps and eats well. Usually she takes a 5oz bottle every three hours. These pictures were taken yesterday. Enjoy..."

I can't explain what a joy and relief it was to open this e-mail. I've been following other
peoples journeys for so long, to see it playing out for yourself is very surreal. The first set of pictures were wonderful, but to get this next set and to see her thriving is just so amazing. I was kind of hoping we'd get a smile this time, but maybe she's saving them for next time! Anyways, without further ado, here's our latest pictures of Ana, she's 10 weeks old, isn't she sweet?

9 comments:

Nannie and Papa said...

Oh my God. She is absolutley beautiful Even more beautiful than before if that is possible.

Soooooo excited and soooo happy you got an update today. I just want to reach out and hug her and kiss her sweet forehead.

Can't wait.

Love, Mum

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am in awe! Ana is thriving and looks so beautiful!! I write this as I fight back tears of joy. She is such a blessing to all of our family. I want to smell her sweet scent and smooch her. I want to cuddle her and rock her. Just look at those rosy lips she has! I think she has smiling eyes!!!

I have to share her picture with my friends tonight!

OK, that settles it, i am going shopping tomorrow :-)

Hurry home sweet Ana your Mimi is waiting for you!

Love
Mimi

beanhead said...

Fate is a funny thing. I tell you I am a believer myself. Your daughter is so beautiful. I just love the hair. I cannot wait to gawk at her through the window of you house (HA HA HA)

Teresa and Shawn said...

Hi Cammie,

Michelle's friend Teresa here. I just wanted to say that your baby girl is beautiful. We are praying that the adoption process goes as smoothly as it can and that your girl will be in your arms before you know it!

God bless,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cammie-I am confident that your sweet pea is not being neglected. One thing I know about Latino people is that they love and treasure children, so no fears. They know that children are the greatest treasures of all. I am sure that she is being well cared for and is getting much much love and tenderness. And I am sure they are telling her how wonderful her life will be with her new family in the USA and that she is the luckiest little girl in the world!

Debbie said...

Ana is a cutie! Don't you just want to kiss this cute little cheeks? Okay, now go back to staring at her pictures.

Anonymous said...

OOPS!!! Sorry-my prior comment should have been posted under the comment for "How I feel". Long story short, I screwed up. More importantly, HOW CUTE is she??? Those eyes are amazing! What a sweetie pie!

Anonymous said...

Just was looking at her pictures again and it occured to me that I now know who she looks like... let's just say that with the wild hair thing she has going on, I am reminded of one of my dear uncles caught up in a windy day!tee hee

Michael and Michelle said...

Congratulations again! She is such a beautiful little girl...I can't wait to scoop her up and give her kisses. Looking at her got me thinking of how close in age she is to Rebekah! Only 6 mos. apart! Yippee!!!
God, really does give great things to those who wait...my dear friend your wait is almost at an end. She will be here before you know it...and then you will have a lifetime to shower her with all of your love.
Love you! Shell