Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday Ian!, the final chapter

We concluded the birthday marathon weekend this afternoon. It was so nice to have our families here to celebrate with us. Nannie and Papa, Mimi and Bumpa, Auntie Agnes, Uncle Shawne, Auntie Shelle, Uncle Mike, Uncle Steve and Auntie Amy were all in attendance, thanks so much everyone for all the wonderful gifts. Ian is so excited, he just can't figure out what to play with first! I was so tired this morning, I just couldn't get myself going. I had plans of making a pasta salad, a tossed salad and my home made hamburger buns and of course, with another birthday party, comes another cake. I just couldn't muster the energy for it and was getting stressed out so Greg said he'd take care of the food today. This is what you get when you send your husband and your six year old to the store with a vague list:

*6 ears of corn for 13 people
*16 hamburger buns for 13 people (okay, not bad, but when are only serving hamburgers and chips, people may want more than 1 hamburger!)
*8 hot dogs for 13 people
*8 hot dog buns for 13 people (at least there were enough buns/dog!)
*1/8 sheet cake with "Happy Birthday Flame Needle" written on it. I was assured this was a good alternative to Ian's first choice of "Happy Birthday Rubber Butt" I guess when you put it that way. I would have loved to see the cake decorators face after that request.

I will admit though after making fun of Greg's shopping skills that we did indeed have enough food for all (mind you I didn't even cook the corn. I just couldn't bring myself to put out 6 ears of corn for 13 people, c'mon that's not even half an ear each!). I love you Greg, but remember that list you said you didn't need? Yeah, I'd like to imagine what you would have brought home without a list. Next time I'll obviously have to be much more specific, lesson learned.

Anyways, after presents, cake and a rousing verse of "Happy Birthday Dear Flame Needle", it was indeed a very good close to Ian's birthday celebrations. Thanks again to all our wonderful family members for the great gifts and your company today. We love you all!



For those of you that are wondering, Flame Needle is a super hero name
Ian concocted a while ago. It is the successor to Door Slam.
Please don't ask, I have no answers for you.


4 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I would party with FLAME NEEDLE aka RUBBER BUTT anytime :-) Although I though he wanted FLAME BUTT on his cake hehehehehe

Ohhh, to be 6 again!

Love Mimi

beanhead said...

Oh Cammie I thought that after 8 years you would know better then to send Greg to the store by himself. Your luck it wasn't much worse.

Debbie said...

LOL! Oh how I wish my boys were 6 again.

Nannie and Papa said...

Great birthday weekend. Cammie, Greg will never change and we wouldn't want him any other way.

He is too funny and just a big kid himself