Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guatemala, here we come!

It's official, we're leaving on a jet plane to go visit our Ana! We have booked our flights and we are leaving Thursday October 4 and staying until Tuesday the 9th. Words cannot describe the way we feel, we're going to meet our daughter two weeks from tomorrow! We also happen to be traveling the same time as another family I have met online, so that's just sugar on the top! We had been debating for some time whether or not we were going to bring Ian for the visit trip. For a few weeks, we had decided that we would. I thought it would be good for him to see her and know that she is real as he has mentioned a few times to me that she isn't part of our family because she doesn't live with us yet. When we really started to think about it, we began to think it may not be the best idea after all. He'll be really bored unless we spend the entire time at the pool, and it just may not be the best first impression I want him to have of time with his sister. I also think it would not be the best for Ana. We only have 5 days to spend with her, and we don't want her to feel frustration or anxiety from us because we are dealing with a bored 6 year old. It comes down to what will be best for both our children, and having him stay with family and friends seems to make the most sense. I can't wait for him to meet her, but I also want some time to really get to know Ana. I'm pretty sure Ian's idea of a good time is not spending 4 hours counting baby toes, but it may be just what I need.

4 comments:

beanhead said...

Is there room in the suit case for me? I am so glad you guys finally get to travel. For what it is worth I think your decision to have Ian stay home is a good one. I can not wait to see all of the pictures and hear about the stories of your time together.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

It was definitely good idea to give me quality time with Ian......Joe's Playland here we come!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could be there to meet Ana with you, in my heart I will be. please smooch her for me and tell her Mimi Loves you :-)

Nannie and Papa said...

I'm so excited for you and can only imagine how wonderful it will be to meet Ana.

Lots and lots of hugs and kisses from Nannie and Papa to Ana

Anonymous said...

cammie,
you have always had an amazing ability to make me laugh and now make me cry like a little baby...good luck! xoxo

kelly and girls