Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Biggest Loser

Okay, it's no secret that I've been at war with my weight for some time. Let's face it, my whole life I've been overweight. Well, I'm sick of fighting and losing (the battle that is!), and I'm ready to take control of my body! A couple months ago my mother's work had a "Biggest Loser" contest. I joined and made it about 4 out of the 12 weeks (not even consecutively). At the end of the contest last week, I had lost a total of 8.8 pounds. Not bad, but not because I've been really good, I'd been climbing back up in pounds since I fell off the wagon a few weeks before that. I think since then, I've even added another couple pounds on top of that. Well, this Thursday marks the start of another round of "The Biggest Loser" and I am once again taking it on. I am hoping that by announcing my intentions here I'll be more driven to stay on track. I will post a picture every week and hopefully will begin to see my progress and keep myself motivated. Oh boy, now I'm imagining my brother saying "You can dooo eeeeettt!", and you know what? I can. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Nannie and Papa said...

I'm with you Cammie. I neeed to get back on the wagon. I have slipped back since we ended the first session so have to get back inot the groove again. Let's help each other.

love you, Mum

beanhead said...

You go girl. My dream now consists of all the fun activites and carrott and celery sticks. I do not mind at all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cammie-
Since the first time I met you, I've always thought you are one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. And WOW! I am so impressed that you and my auntie have the guts to put yourselves out there on the internet to discuss your battles in such a public forum (am I feeling the pressure??? Let's just say HELL YES!) As far as fighting this battle is it easy? Nope. But is it Do-able? Absolutely! You CAN dooo eeeeettt!!! I'm there with you! See you in the ditch!

Sharon