Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stand

I just love this song. It makes me feel good and I've decided to feel good today. After the past two emotional days, it's hard to describe how I'm feeling. Lot's of people have asked if we are still going to make our visit trip next week. We most certainly are. A very good friend reminded me of a saying, "it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all", and it got me thinking. If we had given birth to a child that we were told we would only have a certain amount of time with, wouldn't we love her, and make the best of the time we have with her? The answer is yes. I feel the same about Ana. She is our daughter. Whether she is meant to be ours for a short time or forever, she has come into our lives for a reason and we have to make the most of our time together. I would not give up meeting, loving and caring for her regardless of any amount of hurt it may carry with it. I think that's what being a parent is all about.


4 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

She IS your daughter, for however long that may be...and she forever will be. Your words were beautiful...we will continue to pray for your family.

beanhead said...

Thank you for making me stop and listen to this great song. I have heard it so many times before, but have not really listened to the words. Sometimes we get so busy and forget to listen. Thank you for helping me to stop and listen. We all love Ana and that will never change.

Sharon said...

Sweetie, you have this amazing gift to move me to tears with your words. My heart is breaking for you all, but I have to believe that there is a greater purpose to all of this, although that purpose is not yet clear. My hope is that somehow, someway this process can be expedited and completed by 12/31. I, too, will keep you all in my prayers. And I will pass this info along to my friends who will do the same. Not going would certainly be the easier thing to do; both you and Greg are amazing and courageous people to continue on course. I don't know of many people who would, or could do this.
Stay tough, stay focused but remember that it is ok to cry when you need to; your tears are simply affirmation of the huge heart that you have and your capacity to love.
Until I see you, I send you all warm hugs and my hope that you find peace and tranquility through this journey.

Anonymous said...

I just stoppped in to check in and see new pictures of Ian and Ana and was literally moved to tears by your posts. I'll be adding my prayers to all the others your loved ones are saying for you. You have a wonderful way with words and your honesty about your feelings is really amazing. Please know that we are thinking of all of you and will look forward to reading about your visit with Ana. She is absolutely adorable and Ian is a little cutie too! Sounds like he loves school as much as our Gwennie!

-Travis, Heather, Gwen and Abby in VT