Sunday, September 9, 2007

Daddy Minutes

Greg is away for work and my mum invited us to spend the night last night, which we gladly accepted. Ian had a hard time settling down, partly because it was not his own room and bed, but partly because papa has a knack of getting him riled up in no time flat! We do love you papa, but face the truth, you can bring Ian from calm to chaos just by walking into the room!! Anyways, Ian was out of bed for the I don't know how manyth time, this time wanting to discuss what he wants for his birthday (we were talking about it and obviously he was listening!). I told him he had two minutes to tell us what he wanted and then he needed to go lay down. Now, I didn't time it I'll admit, but let a reasonable amount of time go by before telling him his time was up and it was time to go to bed. He then informed me that he liked "daddy minutes" better because they are longer. I'll have to ask Greg just how long a daddy minute is. Man, this child is destined to never have a sense of time!

4 comments:

Greg said...

For the record a "daddy minute" is not a exact measurement of time. But rather a measurement of patience as it relates to what I am currently involved in.

-daddy

beanhead said...

Amen to that Greg. I have to say as a parent my minutes do often very except for time out.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am POSITIVE Greg learned this from his Father :-)

Nannie and Papa said...

Everytime I think about this I laugh all over again. Ian was so serious when he said it, but he knew immidiately that he had said something verrrrrrrrry cute.

Thank you for the giggle Greg and Ian and thank you Cammie for staying overnight it was so much fun to laugh talk and laugh until after midnight, considering I usually am in bed at 9 or soon after.

Love, Mum