Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Moving Right Along.....

Okay, so I have that Muppet Movie's song stuck in my head, "movin' right along dugga doon dugga doon, footloose and fancy free...." Okay, enough of that! Just so excited to announce that we have received pre approval (PA) from the US Embassy today! I just received the e-mail about an hour ago. We have been seeing the PA's come sooner and sooner over the last few weeks so we were hopeful (though cautious) that we would be getting ours in the next few weeks. We never expected it to come today! So what does this mean? Well, we are one step closer to bringing Ana home. After we received our referral, we simultaneously began steps to perform the DNA test while entering Family Court. As far as I understand, we have to receive PA before exiting family court, though I don't know how long the family court process normally takes. The PA usually takes 60 days from the time DNA is received, so it's happened rather quick to say the least (15 days!). I don't know how long we'll have to wait to exit family court. After we do, we'll be heading on to PGN which is the final (yet most unpredictable) step. We're not out of the woods yet by any means, but it sure is nice to keep moving forward!

5 comments:

beanhead said...

YEAH!!!!! YEAH!!!!! YEAH!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!!!!

Mimi :-)

Sharon said...

WOW! With all due respect, this is really really fast, especially in a culture that is not as freakishly timely as our culture is. I am cautiously optimistic!!! I am sending out a tentative YEAH!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
I am soooo excited for you both. I know it is still early but I just talked to Donna and she put me on hold to talk to you guys. She said the attorney there just handed over the baby to you. I know how wonderful it is to hold a little baby, especially one that is yours (or soon to be yours, hopefully). I heard about the camera trouble your having. UNBELIEABLE!!!!!! Of all possible times for this to happen. If you don't get it fixed soon, you should just find a place to buy a new one. Even if it cost more than it's worth. I am praying for you both and little Ana too. Have fun with her.
~Tanya

Anonymous said...

Dear Greg,Cammie,Ian & Ana
Michelle forwarded me your blog and I am thrilled to read your story and to pray for all of you and especially for the details of Ana's adoption. I was at a prayer group this morning and women from my church here in northern Maine are praying for you also.
God Bless with Love,
Cindy Nickerson