Friday, October 19, 2007

Discouraged

Okay, I know we're lucky things have moved along so fast thus far. According to timeline norms, we are about 2 months ahead of where we should be. We were not expecting to even be thinking about PGN until January or February. I really shouldn't feel discouraged, but I do, I just can't help it. I think if we hadn't spoken with the attorney while in Guatemala I would be fine. I realize that we got our pre-approval a month and a half or more before we expected it, and because of that, the family court portion just isn't yet completed, it's to be expected! I wouldn't have hoped to move into PGN for a few weeks at least, but hearing the attorney tell us that we should be in any day now two weeks in a row (and then find out that the family court hasn't even issued our report yet), I got my hopes up and was really beginning to think that there was a possibility we could have been out of PGN by the end of the year and not be privy to all the unknown we will face at the beginning of next year. As the days tick by, I can't help but feel that possibility slipping away. I'm just feeling discouraged today...please bear with me.

4 comments:

Nannie and Papa said...

Don't get discouraged Cammie. It is going to happen. Stay positive.

Love, Mum

beanhead said...

Your little girl will be here soon. Thinking of you and loving you.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

We are a family now, a whole,
Of which you are a part,
And you are just as much my child
As any in my heart.

I do not love you differently,
Nor would I give up less
Of all that life has given me
To bring you happiness.


Cammie I saw this poem and knew I had to share it with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cammie-I know this incredible woman who is married to this terrific (but goofy)guy. They are adorable together and have the best kid-he's so sweet and all boy. She has the sweetest soul ever-honestly, I don't think she has a mean bone in her body. The thing about her is that, while she wears her heart on her sleeve she is one tough cookie. She is so tough that she went through a long and difficult labor without an epidural(you see, it fell out early on). She even has to deal with her husband's crazy family(some of them Colts Fans) and especially his out of town cousin, who enjoys blowing into town, staying at their house, writing bad poetry and teaching their son bad bad things(but hey, that's another story!). If this woman were a Southern girl she most certainly would be a Steel Magnolia! So now, she and her husband are in the process of adopting a beautful baby girl from another country. However, complications have arisen due to changes in that legal system regarding international adoptions and the process could take longer than expected (although, things are moving along at a suprisingly faster than normal pace). They have visited their baby in her birth country and she has become proactive by channeling her energies into positve action. Anyway, I have this sneaky suspicion that she will be able to handle whatever comes. If things don't proceed as smoothly as she hoped and if there are bumps along the way, I know that she will face down any obsticle with her usual strength, faith, grace and tenacity. I just wanted to tell you about this amazing woman. Maybe there is something in her story that will help you deal with what you are now going through