Monday, October 29, 2007

Ian lost his first tooth!

Ian lost his first baby tooth this morning. It had been loose since the day before we left for our visit with Ana in Guatemala. When he told me it was loose I bawled (thank you Irene for talking me through it!), I was under a little stress at the time though in my defense. I informed that tooth that it was not to fall out while we were away, and it listened! Ian has been wiggling it ever since and just this morning said he twisted it and out it came!




He's actually home sick from school today, but was a champ and put up with me wanting to take his picture. He can't wait to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy tonight! What's the going rate for a baby tooth these days?

8 comments:

terrikran1969 said...

When my kids all lost their first tooth, I gave them $1.00. Then Grandma had to show me up and give them $5.00. Of course that was 10 years ago. Now you probably have to give them a car. Things have changed from when I would get a quarter for my tooth and thought that was a lot of money.

Congratulations Ian, you're getting to be a really big kid!

beanhead said...

I remember getting quarters also. But terrikran1969 is probably right I think a Hummer2 is in order.

Anonymous said...

I just spoke to the tooth fairy, and she told me that this week she may be giving out gold dollar coins.


Of course, these will be spent with in a day or so

-Greg

Nannie and Papa said...

We used to give $1 per tooth. I can't remember what the tooth fairy left me as it was so long ago!!!! Old you know.

Can't wait to hear how Ian likes what the tooth fairy will bring him

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I got it!!!! He needs Chicklets, like in Dennis the Menace :-)

Mimi

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Awwwwwwww my grandson is growing up and will now have big teeth in that cute little mouth........I will have to put a buzz in the tooth fairy's ear........you know how Mimi's are :-)

Yes Terry, Grandma's like to be top dogs!

Debbie said...

I remember you telling me how upset you were about his loose tooth while we were in Guatemala. What a wonderful son you have. He kept that tooth in his mouth until you got home. For a matter-of-fact, he held on to it for 2 weeks and 6 days after you got home :-)
He's a cutie and even cuter with the missing tooth. I'd say go for the $1 in coins. Afterall, you'll need more tooth fairy money in the future for Ian and Ana.