Monday, June 16, 2008

Where in the World is Ian?

Seems as though I've been neglecting this blog quite a bit of late, and when I do blog, it's largely about Ana. Let's face it, babies change so much and do so many new things so fast, there's always lots of things to talk about. But lots of things have actually been going on in the life of our little Ian as well, and there were some cute little blog worthy things that I meant to post just never got the chance to. So here's a parade of Ian in case you were wondering where the heck he had disappeared to! He's been busy!

He started doing his own hair. This particular time he unbeknownst to me got hold of the pomade from the bathroom, scooped himself a good handful and smeared it in his hair. There were huge gobs of the stuff just sitting in lumps on his head. He was pretty proud of himself though!



He got to pelt mumma with silly string on Mother's Day:



He had a spring concert at school (the second picture is quite possibly one of my favorites of all time!):



He's been playing baseball for the Mets. The second picture is how he spent the majority of the season. He loved being catcher because he thought you could just kneel down and relax, I don't think he's going to want to do baseball again next year.



He got to touch a real live lobster at Odiorne Point and learned how the fishermen band the lobster's claws when they are caught while my friend Irene and her family were here visiting:



He got to hang with his pal Ella, they won't both fit in that chair much longer!:



He took a liking to hanging out with his buddies in Milo's kennel. I swear I had nothing to do with this, though the idea is pretty tempting!



He had his third piano recital and played two songs this time; "All My Friends" and "The Bells of Great Britain". One of the songs he got to use the sustain pedal which was very exciting for him. The day after his recital at his final lesson for the semester he moved into a new level, he was so happy! We're taking the lessons down to every other week this summer but will be going back to them every week in the fall. I really hope he continues to want to take lessons, I'm so proud that he's sticking with something even though it's still torture trying to get him to practice!



He composed a piano piece for me. He loves to fiddle with sounds on the piano (more so than practicing what he's supposed to be practicing, which is a pain, but I love that he's creating his own sounds!) and often he'll incorporate snippets of current lessons in his pieces. This one is called "The Duet", and has echoes of the last piece in his old book and the first piece of his new book mixed with some original Ianisms. I love that he loves music!



Well, I think that's it for now. Tomorrow morning he'll be graduating from Kindergarten (for the second but last time, sniff sniff!) so be on the lookout for more from our boy!

4 comments:

beanhead said...

It is just amazing to think of all the things he is doing. What a big boy. Congratulations on your graduation Ian. Uncle Luke, Ella, and I are very proud of you.

Nannie and Papa said...

Such a cute addition to the blog Cammie. Love the pics of Ian.

So proud of you Ian. You did such a great job in baseball and in your piano recital. You are Nanee's precious boy and both PaPa and I love you sooooooooooo much.

Amanda said...

I can't get over how much he looks like an exact blend of you and Greg. He is a handsome boy! Great job Ian!

Debbie said...

Wow, Ian has been a busy little guy. Thanks for sharing a piece of his little life with us.