Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gingerbread Men



We finally got around to making gingerbread men last night which was one of the countdown activities that we skipped this week due to all the chaos. Ian and I made the dough, cut out and baked the gingerbread men in the morning before going to Mimi's house for an early dinner and to exchange gifts with uncle Eddie. After the party uncle Eddie came back with us to decorate the gingerbread men and everyone got to show their creativity. Of course Greg's sense of humor is a little convoluted and when a few of the gingerbread men melded together in the baking process, he saw that opportunity to design an injured cookie. All I could think about was that scene from Shrek where Lord Farquaad is torturing the gingerbread man. I couldn't help but exclaim on several occasions, "Not my gum drop buttons!!"




Ian's guy was a kitty, those are whiskers on his face. After this picture was taken he layered white squiggly "fur" icing all over the cookie. As you can see by his face, he had as much fun sampling the icing and M&M's as he did decorating the cookies.

His philosophy? "One on the cookie, five in my mouth"

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That's my philosophy too, Ian! Great minds think alike!

I love the photo of you and Ian, Cammie. I love all the photos, but that one seems to capture a tender moment!

Love,
Amanda

beanhead said...

Looks like fun was had my all. The cookies look great.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the photo of Cammie is a wonderful picture.

Cammie who(?!?!?!) in the world did you get to take that picture.

Since you were in the picture.....it couldn't of been you.

I think you should publish HIS/her name....

Debbie said...

What a nice looking Gingerbread family.

It certainly sounds like and looks like everyone had a good time.