Thursday, December 6, 2007

Countdown Catch Up

My intention was to post our daily activity every night but it some how got away from me. I think it was Monday's activity that wasn't done until well after dinner and Tuesday's activity that ended up taking two days that threw me off (oh and not to mention the fact that we've been driving Greg to and from work all week because his car has been in the shop wracking up a rather hefty bill!). So here's a little catch up...

Monday, 22 days until Christmas:
a Christmas light tour

We had to wait until after 7pm because we knew Ian was going to be receiving a phone call from Santa between 6 and 7. If you would like to hear a recording of that call, click here. After the Santa call excitement, we got in the car and headed out. First stop was hot chocolate, can't have a Christmas light tour without it! We first visited a house in Raymond that is one of those houses with lights set to music that is transmitted to your car onto your radio. All the lights move according to the music, very cool. We took a little video of it to share, but I haven't uploaded it yet, but believe it or not, I found that someone else had uploaded this very house to youtube. It's not the best quality, but you get the idea. If you would like to see it, click here! Of course after that house, nothing compared, and made the remainder of the tour a bit of a let down. It was nice though to just drive around and see what other people do, plus we had our first "real" snow storm of the year and it was still fresh and pretty. I think Ian enjoyed himself very much.

Tuesday, 21 days until Christmas:
make presents for family


We made little presents for Ian to give his Nannie and Papa, Mimi and Bumpa, and aunts and uncles, many of whom read this blog so it wouldn't be fair to share any more information. I'd love to share pictures, but that would spoil it too, don't you think? Maybe after Christmas I can show you pictures of Ian working diligently on his gifts.

Wednesday, 20 days until Christmas:
make tr
eats for our doggy friends



Since the dogs we love don't read my blog (as I'm aware anyways), I can post a few pictures of Ian working on these. We made dog cookies for all of our dog friends, and Ian chose to make them in Christmas tree shapes. He was admittedly more interested in playing Zuma (his new favorite video game) than helping make the dough but he did participate in the cutting out of the cookies. We can't wait to see if the dogs like our gifts!

And that brings us to today. Since I'd like to get this posted, I'll post today's activity either later today or tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to start posting these on the day we do them, but I'm not promising anything! I have to say this has been a rewarding experience for me. Ian loves doing projects, and I love spending time with him especially when he's enjoying something. It has given us something to do every day, which has really taken my mind off of the fact that it has been 8 weeks (It really saddened me to realize that we won't have any pictures of our daughter at the age of 4 months) since we last received a new picture of Ana. Okay, that's a lie, it hasn't exactly taken my mind off it, but the time has certainly passed quicker than it would have had I just been checking e-mail all afternoon instead of enjoying quality time with my son. With regards to Ana pictures, our agency has two people in Guatemala right now who are there visiting homes and taking pictures, so we should see something next week or the week after, so stay tuned for that!

3 comments:

beanhead said...

Again great ideas. I can not wait until Ella is old enough to have a call from Santa. Although with her fear she may just hang up on him. I can not wait to see what you will do next.

Debbie said...

I loved the call from Santa. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with Ian. This will the be last year that you'll be able to do this with just one child at home, so make the most of it.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I just listened to the Santa call.....and I did well until Santa asked Ian about Ana ........ can you post the Santa calls from years past? I would love to hear the one where he tells Santa he throws doggy in the closet!

Mimi