Monday, December 17, 2007

6 weeks in

Well, today marks 6 weeks in PGN for us. I would love to call and inquire about where our case lies but I cannot bring myself to do it. I know when Greg is home on Friday he's going to want to call in the worst way, but I'm hoping I can convince him not to. Why you ask? Why wouldn't we want to know what's going on? Well, last week alone, I saw 3 or 4 previos issued just in the handful (okay, maybe it's a big handful) of adoption blogs I follow, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm freaking out. Not that I didn't know it was a possibility, even a probability, it just became more real when you see it start happening to people in the same stage as you. I think the ridiculous statistic is that over 50% of cases will receive a previo at least once during their process. One of the cases was kicked out for no other reason than the reviewer didn't see a document that was indeed there in the file, how incredibly unfair for this family to have to wait another 8-10 weeks because of a mistake made by PGN! At any rate, we are a week away from Christmas and I would prefer to live blissfully unaware until after the holidays if I can!

I started this post this morning, then went to Ian's classroom to volunteer (so much fun, thanks Mrs. Schreiber!). When I came back there was an e-mail from our coordinator. I wrote to her on Friday because we were expecting new pictures of Ana and I was hoping we could have them for the weekend. I have to say, I'm so bummed!! The pictures are pretty blurry, the coordinator told us up front and was apologetic, apparently the camera must have mis functioned and they didn't download the photos until they arrived home from Guatemala. She has asked the hogar director to get more pictures for us and hopes to have them to us before the holidays. I understand mistakes, especially with cameras, believe me, but it just doesn't take away from how bummed I am! Sorry, I was just so looking forward to these pictures, it's been over two months since we've seen updated photos. Okay, I'm done whining. Nothing I can do about this, so I need to move on. Let's hope that we have some better ones by weeks end. I'm going to post a few of the "clearer" ones, just as a sneak peak, they are better than nothing. It appears she is wearing one of the outfits I sent down and the glow worm is with her in her crib, so that's nice to see!

3 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Cammie hang in there. I know how hard this is for you but maybe, just maybe, this will be the only glitch and PGN will now fly through uneventfully.

Ana is cute no matter how poor the lighting :-) And she looks healthy and alert!

Soon, she will be here and this will all be a distant memory.......Love Mimi

Michael and Michelle said...

Hang in there my friend. Once she is home, these difficult moments WILL be but a memory. In the meantime, vent away...that's the great thing about blogs!! It can help just to get the words off your mind and allow your heart to feel the love that you read in the comments of those who love YOU so much!

Debbie said...

Okay, Cammie! I'm sure our recent previo is one of the reasons you're in a panic about calling, but I strongly suggest you call. If you want to know why, send me an email.

We also got updated pictures last week and only 4-6 of them were at all good. I hope they get some better ones to you soon. In the meantime, some are better than none and from what I can see, Ana looks cuter than ever.