Friday, January 16, 2009

Vocabulary

First, thank you all for your comments and stories on my last post! I won't say that I'm happy you all are experiencing crazy moments with your toddlers, because that just wouldn't be nice, but I will admit that I'm relieved that I'm not alone! Anyways, though she is a real monkey, she's still super duper cute even while she's creating all that chaos, and I count my blessings every day that our kids are two healthy, active, thriving children.

I thought I'd share how much Ana's vocabulary is exploding all of a sudden. Here's a list of the words she's using fairly consistently:

please - pees
thank you - da doo
mama
dada
brother - bra buh
strawberries - dabees
down - dow
up - pa sometimes, but most of the time, down and up are the same.
cracker - ca ca
dance - de-as
yes - yesss
no - nu nu
poop - bup
juice (or any drink for that matter!) - doose
shoes - doose
snowman - nu mah
snow - nu nu
santa - ta ta
more - muh
bite - bise

She just started putting words together this past week, our days are now filled with a combination of the following phrases:

"ma ma pees!", "ma ma dow!", "ma ma doose!", "ca ca pees!", often these are strung together in a repetitive circuit gradually increasing in intensity!

Her most recent addition to her vocabulary is "bup" which means poop, and she's using it appropriately! She follows me into the bathroom all the time, chanting "bup, bup, bup", and attempts to pull her pants and diaper down. We have a small potty in there that she will then sit on and wait for me to be done, it's so funny! Well last night at my mother's house, she ran to the bathroom door saying "bup, bup, bup, bup!". Well we decided to indulge her and took her in, took off her diaper and sat her up on the big potty. She sat there forever, actually pushing with great concentration and ended up peeing in the potty! I was just really in shock that she even had a clue what to do, but she really seemed to get it. Of course, she then didn't want to get off for anything! I am by no means expecting to potty train her now, but if she wants to sit on the potty now and then, I'm not going to discourage her!

I don't expect Ian to have funny words anymore, but he does! It's cute when they come out, and I love the reminder that he's still a little boy no matter how big he seems sometimes! Here's a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

diagonal - diangle
permanent - permadent
gluteus maximus - gluteus maximum (thankfully he wasn't talking about anyone's in particular!)

The other day he told me that his friend Tyler is a "lubricant driver" in Mario Kart. I asked him what that meant and he told me that he drives really fast! I'm not really sure what he was meaning to say, but it did give me a good giggle! It does make sense theoretically, I guess!

Lastly, I can't believe I let the day slip by without mention, but January 10th marked the one year anniversary of our PGN OUT day! Ana has been with us for a little over 10 months now, simply amazing!

6 comments:

beanhead said...

Great post I love funny kid stories.

Debbie said...

By chance was Ian trying to say "lunatic driver?"

Got to love kids vocabulary at any age.

Amy said...

I love it! I had to go back and forth to your Ana dictionary to translate her sentences. I can't wait for Little Stevie to talk. Right now, I'm happy just to hear his happy screams. It does fill the house with cute baby noises.

Ana is such a cute little devil! You can't help but love her even when she's naughty.

Nannie and Papa said...

So cute Cammy. It's soooo funny when they start putting words together and also when they get words mixed up. Too cute. Ana was adorable when she said bup and tried to get into the bathroom. She's very smart.

Love, Mum

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Ana also says Mimi!!!!!!!!!!!

And I love hearing it every time she says it :-)

Amanda said...

Very cute Cammie! I love toddler (and kid) speak. It's hilarious.

Cameron sings "This Old Man" in the car, but instead of "give a dog a bone" he says "dig a dog a done" I giggle every time!