Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chipping Away

It was so nice today to have a little time where we weren't running around to actually accomplish something. We spent the day trying to do some organizing. I got some of Ian and Ana's out grown clothes sorted, got some more of our unused clothes into bags to donate, and finally got some drawer handles on Ian's dresser we painted several weeks ago. The most exciting thing though was the removal of the living room clutter collector we called our computer desk. We have always had the computer in the living room, on a desk in the back corner. Some time ago, we moved the printer and computer up above the garage in what is slowly becoming my craft room leaving the laptop attached to a monitor and a keyboard on the living room desk. It was nice for a while, it was much less bulky than the "normal" computer setup. But ever since Ana has become mobile, she has been making me crazy getting at the computer; tapping away at the keyboard, playing with the mouse, fussing with the wires under the desk, and getting at all the goodies that were stashed in the side drawer. It got to the point that I literally taped the drawer and cabinet closed to save my sanity! Anyways, after our monitor recently bit the dust and we discovered that Ana had somehow managed to reach up and rip the Caps Lock key off the lap top keyboard, I convinced Greg to help me ditch the desk entirely! We still have the computer set up above the garage (where I am currently typing), and the lap top can be used with the wireless connection anywhere else in the house. I am SO excited to have that desk out of the living room! It had become a place to put all the stuff that Ana finds and brings to me (or more likely the things that I have to fish out of her mouth) and was constantly a cluttery mess so it feels so clean to have it gone! Now I just have to figure out how to use the empty space!

2 comments:

beanhead said...

Getting things like that done are better then anything. It makes you feel so accomplished. When I say things like that I feel so old, because there was a time that cleaning would have been the last thing in the world that would have made us happy. Oh to be old.

Debbie said...

Don't you love progress!!!! I really hope I can make some this week.