Friday, January 2, 2009

Not much time to blog tonight. I'm getting ready for Christmas with my family tomorrow since Mike and Michelle were in Michigan this year, and I'm not remotely ready for it. I told you Christmas was hectic for me this year!! Anyways, just wanted to share a little something that made me smile tonight. For my birthday, Steve and Amy gave me a gift certificate to The Holy Grail, a restaurant in the town we grew up in that was converted out of the old Catholic Church. It's so yummy, and Greg and I went out to use the certificate tonight for dinner. We dropped the kids off at Mimi and Bumpa's house (thanks guys!) and were on our way. I had my mind set on a nice glass of wine with dinner, but when I ordered it, I was carded! I haven't been carded in years so I was a bit surprised, and to top it off, I realized that I had left my license in checkbook that was sitting on the dining room table, oops! So it was diet coke for me! The waitress was apologetic, but I thanked her for the compliment! Let's just ignore the fact that I think they are required to card if you look under 40, shall we?!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Cheers to still being carded at our ripe old age! I'll drink to that ;)

I haven't been to the Holy Grail yet, how was it? NH magazine is rating it as one of NH's up and coming restaurants.

beanhead said...

At Wegmans I have to card everyone even the 90 year old ladies from the senior living complex across the street. They find it really funny.

Parent Coordinator said...

Too funny! You go girl! That same thing happened to me at another place and I will never forget my ID again!

Debbie said...

I'm sure I wouldn't have been carded :-) Of course I've also been known to demand they card me just to try and make myself feel better about my age. LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Now that I'm in my 30's, I offer the guy at the wine store my ID, even when he isn't remotely interested in it. 'Course, Sam will always be older than me!