Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I feel like my head is spinning lately. Nothing bad, don't worry, just a lot of stuff going on. I feel like I'm just keeping my head above water most days with my mess of a house, Ana is walking now, and leaves a wake of trouble behind her every step, Ian started first grade a few weeks ago, and turned seven years old this past weekend, I've just taken on the role of secretary for our PTA, Greg's work schedule has been crazy and unpredictable, and I've been fighting a cold for the past week and a half or so. It just feels like it's been non stop craziness! But like I said, it's all good stuff (well besides Greg work and the cold that is!), and really I'm not whining! I guess I'm just looking for excuses as to why I've not been blogging lately! There's certainly been enough to blog about! It's just that every free moment that I have, that stupid perfectionist part of me won't let me just sit and blog, I end up thinking of all the catching up I have to do to to bring myself current and I get all stressed out and just walk away! What I have loved most about this blog is that I can look back and read not only about our past adventures, but also about how I was feeling at the time. Like did you know that a year ago today I posted about the start of the real fear for me about Guatemalan adoption troubles? We were gearing up for our visit trip, and were slammed with that information that threw me into a panic, would we ever bring Ana home?! And look at us now a year later, lovin' the heck out of her here in NH! So I'm going to try and be better about just blogging when I feel like it and catching up on the "going's on" as I have time. Hopefully I can let go of trying to produce the "perfect post" with "just the right" picture and you will hear from me more often!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I am right there with you. It seems that every time I take a step forward in the progress department I end up taking two steps back and then just walk away. Blogging has become more and more difficult because of time constraints, but it is a nice break from things at the same time.

I think we need a break from it all. How about a get together in Myrtle Beach in a couple weeks for some well deserved time away?

Cammie said...

I am so looking forward to that weekend!!

beanhead said...

Let it go. In the large schem of things will a clean house or the perfect post matter in 10 years. I know easier said then done.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

ok, two comments......perfect post???? ummm if I strived for the perfect post then I would give up blogging.

Secondly...I just want to see pictures of my wonderful grandchildren :-)

oops, thirdly I think you should have tickers for your and Greg's wedding anniversary as well.....just a thought from a woman with too much time on her hands :-)

Nannie and Papa said...

Cammie, You are way too hard on yourself. You are a wonderful Mum and wife and take on sooooo much. You are soooo kind and never say to no to anyone.

Your house will always be there. Do what you can when you can and let the rest go.

You are not alone.

I think your blog is perfect.

Love you, Mum

Michael and Michelle said...

I sooo know what you mean. I have so much stuff to blog about and pictures that I'd love to post, but my computer time has dropped to maybe every other day. I think I'm going through withdrawal, as I haven't been able to keep up on my blog stalking, never mind my own blog!!