Friday, September 12, 2008

Favorite Photo Friday

So, I've missed quite a few weeks now, my apologies. I was going to do a fast forward through the missed weeks but I'm going to ignore that irritating perfectionist voice in my head and I'm going to just start where I left off, which is the letter H.

Now, I had bigger plans for H than this, but wasn't able to get it together. Just know that "Princess Crazy Hair" will become a montage (hmmm, maybe for "P") but today, just a picture.

H is for Hair.

Ana has had crazy hair since we brought her home. We've fondly nicknamed her "Princess Crazy Hair". It just sticks up every which way no matter how many times you wet it, brush it, or clip it down! It's too funny, and we always know even though we brush it all down after her bath at night that she'll wake up the next day looking like a punk! Anyways, here's one of my favorites. On one of those really hot days this summer, she was really sweaty going down for a nap. I always run my fingers through her hair after I lay her down in her crib and this is how she woke up...



And I can't pass H without talking about Ian's recent "Gooey Gunk" incident, even if I don't have pictures. We were over at Mimi and Bumpa's and I brought the stuff to make "Gooey Gunk" because I had been promising Ian we would make some. For those who don't know, "Gooey Gunk" is made out of white glue, borax and water and it becomes a kind of slime that stays molded for a moment then oozes away. Last time we made it, Greg and Ian had a grand time putting it on their faces and making imprints as it really catches every detail. Well, this time Ian thought it would be funny to put on top of his head like a hat. He left it there while it started to ooze down his forehead. I have to admit, it was pretty funny as he began to look like a frosted cupcake before my eyes! However, when he tried to take it off his head, it wasn't so funny anymore. It had worked it's way through every hair and we couldn't get it out, it wouldn't wash with soap, it wouldn't rub out, it wouldn't allow a comb to pass through it (it was very much like rubber mixed with hair, try and separate those out!) it just wouldn't come out!! I was convinced we were going to have to make a trip the barber shop to have his head shaved. As I tried to ignore the image in my mind of Ian going to his first day of first grade bald, I decided to go to the computer to see if anyone else had ever encountered such a problem. I did a search for " 'gooey gunk' + hair". Yeah, I got nothing...By the time I got back to the bathroom to inform Ian we were going to have to cut all his hair off he had by some miracle managed to loosen the mess (by wetting and rubbing with a towel over and over) and I was able to get a comb through and shampoo the rest out. So Ian wants everyone to know his very important lesson...

NEVER PUT GOOEY GUNK IN YOUR HAIR!!!

There, now maybe the next poor soul that looks to the computer in a gooey gunk emergency will find our page before the head shaving begins.

Lastly,

H is for Hands


That's where shoes go according to Ana! This has been going on for several weeks now, and it still makes me giggle every time she does it. Ana CONSTANTLY crawls around with shoes on her hands! Her first stop in the morning is the shoe bucket, and within a half hour or so, shoes are strewn everywhere about the house. Her favorites seem to be flip flops, but she's not really very choosy, any shoes will do. Greg's mum brought her over some play shoes the other day that she immediately tried out, and loved! I think she likes how they clackety-clack on the kitchen tile. The other day I was sitting holding her and I kicked my shoes off. She nearly launched herself off my lap to get to the shoes, giggling with excitement, she's too funny! When we were at the hospital during Greg's dad's surgery, she was fully occupied the entire time tromping around in everyone's shoes. Now if I could just get her to stop climbing the stairs with shoes on her hands, I'd be a happy mummy!

I have dozens of pictures with different shoe combinations, here are a few for your enjoyment.



8 comments:

beanhead said...

That is the best update. I love the shoe thing. Just like a girl to get giggly over shoes.

Anonymous said...

SLACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Love the hair story. And good for you for ignoring your perfectionist voice. I know how hard it is!

Michelle said...

I LOVE Ana's hair!! It is just too funny. :) And the pictures with the shoes on her hands are really cute.

Debbie said...

If the gooey gunk should happen to get in Ian's hair in the future, you might want to try a solution of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water.

Also, love the pictures of Ana's hair and shoe hands.

Cammie said...

Thanks Debbie,

While I hope we never have such an incident again, I wouldn't put it past him! I will keep that in mind!

Parent Coordinator said...

I love the hair pics...they are great!!!!

Nannie and Papa said...

Absolutley wonderful. Love all the pics and your stories are soooo cute and funny. Love every bit of it.

Love, Mum