Tuesday, November 6, 2007

We're IN!

PGN that is! Here is an excerpt from the e-mail we just received from our coordinator:
"I hope you're doing well. I just wanted to let you know
that your case went into PGN on Monday. This process
usually takes approximately three months but can
sometimes take five months. We are still seeing that
most children come home approximately 10 months after
referral."
As you can imagine we are now trying to gear ourselves up for a very long wait. We are just really happy to have made it to this point. It is the final step on the Guatemalan side of the process and yet another step closer to bringing our Ana home. Please keep your fingers crossed that we make it through PGN without a previo, also known as a kick out, where something is wrong with your paperwork that needs to be fixed. When you re-enter, you reset the time period and go back to the beginning in PGN, we certainly don't want that! It is a common occurrence though, so we need to keep it in mind.

4 comments:

beanhead said...

Yeah!!!!
HA HA HA Mimi I posted first. Just kidding.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

LOL......Beanhead, heaven help you when I see you again! I may just have to speak to Sharon (haha you don't know her!) and ask her what I should tell Ella.......now I am laughing and dancing around the room, realizing how much fun this could be!!!!!!!

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am so thrilled and emotional over finally reaching this next and final step.

This is soooooooo exciting!!!!!!

Ian and Ana's Mimi :-)

Debbie said...

I think this is the 3rd time I've sent my congrats to you today, but I do mean congrats! Not that this will make you feel any better, but you received your referral two months after we received ours and went into PGN 3 weeks after we did. So, you've actually got a pretty good timeline going so far. I hope PGN is nice and keeps your timeline short.