Monday, November 12, 2007

Retail Therapy

This weekend, my very good friends and neighbors Marcia, Nancy and I went to the big town o' Nashua for some retail therapy. We left at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning and shopped all day long before retiring to the Best Western in Nashua for the evening. Yes I know, we were only 40 minutes from home, but part of the reason for this little getaway was to really get away! The room was huge with two queen size beds (with no children in them and oh so perfect for jumping on, ask Nancy), a large bathroom (with no little boys to pee on the seats), and no worries at all except for are we going to be able to stay awake long enough to see Saturday Night Live (which none of us did by the way). We had a dinner and a breakfast that we didn't have to cook, and a steady supply of snacks including Marcia's famous chocolate pie (to die for!) and peanut butter M&M's (the official girl's weekend pick me up). Oh, and don't forget about the two separate trips to Annie's for pretzels! I taught Marcia and Nancy how to crochet, (have you started your scarves yet girls?) Marcia brought her Arbonne stuff and we all did masks, and Nancy taught us how to apply eye makeup on Sunday morning. It was all so girly and fun! We came home with a van full of stuff, and probably an extra 3 pounds each after all the junk food. I do believe both Nancy and Marcia were successful in their quest for the perfect fitting jeans, and I got some really great things to send to Ana in her Christmas package (pictures soon!). Next up, the day after Thanksgiving sales!

4 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

'm jealous.............hmmmmmmp!

Gail said...

Sounds like great fun. I can hardly wait to hit the malls the day after Thanksgiving myself.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Do I need to call the hotel and report that YOU were jumping on the beds?!?!?!?!
-Greg

Debbie said...

HOW FUN!!!!!! Wish I lived closer and could have tagged along.