Monday, August 27, 2007

Where Does the Time Go?

I just put my baby on a school bus for the first time ever. I hadn't really thought about it until last night but he's accomplished so much this summer. He just about perfected last years attempts at swimming without floaties, he learned to ride his bike without training wheels (though he still prefers to keep them on!!), he learned how to tie his own laces, he's sounding out words (he even read me an entire" Bob book" last night, one he had never seen before!), and even though he'll have no idea until Ana's actually here, he's slowly learning what being a big brother is going to be like. I remember when he was born, everyone more experienced than I saying "treasure these moments because time really flies!". I poo pooed them just trying to get through yet another day of baby or toddler hood. It really has gone by too fast!
Just when did he become the little man that I just sent off by himself on the school bus?

2 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Awwww! I know what you mean :-) ......it is amazing how fast they grow. The look on his face seems to say...."Mum, is this really happening?!!!!"

Nannie and Papa said...

He looks so grown up getting on the bus. I remember your first day of school....getting on the bus. It's hard and something you'll never forget.

Love Mum