Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Goodbye Sophie

Well, we had a sad day here yesterday. One of our cats, Sophie passed away. I found her under the front steps yesterday afternoon, and it looked like she was taking a nap. I called for her and she didn't budge which is very unusual for her. Usually when she hears my voice she pokes her head up from her slumber with squinty eyes and lots of meows, and when she didn't I knew something was wrong. I really don't know what happened to her, she looked so peaceful that it literally looks like she went to sleep, and I'm hoping that was the case. I'm having a difficult time with her passing. She and her sister Sabina have been with us since we got married eight years ago and they were our babies. I'm feeling sad because just a day or so ago I shooed her away while I was trying to get something done on the computer, she just wanted to sit with me and I was frustrated and just couldn't deal with her at that moment. Especially because since the time we got Milo (the dog) last year she has made herself pretty scarce and we didn't get to give her as much loving as she was getting before, the opportunities were pretty few and far between, mostly when the dog wasn't around. Daily interaction usually amounted to saying good morning to her up in her perch above the refrigerator. I think the hardest thing has been watching Sabina look for her. She slept with us for the first time in a long while last night. I don't know if she needed comforting or if she knew I did but at any rate, I was happy to have her there. Well, sorry to blab on but I'm just feeling really sad this morning. I really miss her.

6 comments:

Greg said...

We will all miss her...:(

Good Bye Sophie
-Greg

beanhead said...

We are so sorry for your loss. You guys are in our prayers. Sophie will be missed.

Michael and Michelle said...

It's so hard to lose a beloved pet...I'm so sorry.

Nannie and Papa said...

We will miss Sophie too. She was such a sweet cat and I know Sabina misses her too.

Love, Mum

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am soooo sorry

mimi

Anonymous said...

Poor Sophie-she was a sweet pussy cat. It's heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet.