Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He's Coming Home!

It's been an interesting couple of days, but Greg should be coming home today. He had a CT scan yesterday afternoon that showed no reason for the blockage. The only reason the doctor can think of is that when he came in, Greg's white blood cell count was high so the blockage could have just been a secondary thing to an infection that was going on. Anyways, he had the tube removed last night, much to his relief and was able to get a decent night's sleep. He was allowed clear liquids through the night which he tolerated well and when I spoke to him about 20 minutes ago his breakfast was on the way. The doctor believed he should pretty much feel like himself in the next couple days and sees no reason we shouldn't continue with our plans to head to Disney a week from Saturday! Now we just have to get through this Saturday; my first OB appointment since the flu/strep/pneumonia incident.......

6 comments:

Nannie and Papa said...

Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy you're home Cammie.

No worries about Saturday. Everything will be wonderful.

Love, MUM

beanhead said...

I am glad Greg is coming home. As far as Saturday goes, I know all will be fine. Hang in there. Vacation will be here soon.

Parent Coordinator said...

Thrilled to hear that Greg is on his way home. You deserve a nice vacation after all that you've been through.

Anonymous said...

And we have poop...for those of you that care...I am now pooping for the first time since monday. :)

-greg

beanhead said...

Yeah I love to hear that people are pooping. I consider myself a fecial extusion speicalist. I am one of the best in my field. Just ask Ella.

Amy said...

Good for you Greg! I agree with Irene, I like to hear about poop and am glad to hear all is going smoothly!!