Saturday, April 18, 2009

All is Well

I had my OB appointment this morning, and everything went well! We were able to hear the heartbeat for a second or so before the little squirmer wiggled away and wouldn't let himself be found again, but we did hear it. My OB then said, "But because I know you are going to worry (boy, is it that obvious that I'm a worrier?) we'll take a look as well". So she got her handy dandy portable ultrasound machine, and even though the picture was horrible, I saw the little blob on the screen moving and we were able to get a faint view of the flickering heartbeat. So I was appeased and feel much better tonight. She said of all the things I went through in my illness, the only thing that remotely concerned her was the high fever, but that when it happens in the first trimester, generally it's an "all or nothing deal"; meaning that if there was fetal damage done, I probably would have miscarried. She was happy with the way everything looked, so we're happy too! So tonight I went out and bought some maternity clothes that I was not letting myself do until after the appointment. My mum was very kind to join me in my venture and I was very lucky to find some cute things at both Target and Kohls and feel like I'm now ready to pack up to go to Disney next weekend! Oh, and I ran into my high school friend Amanda and her two adorable children in Target, so that was just the cherry on top of the night; nice to see you Amanda! Oh, and did I mention that directly after our appointment, that Greg decided we needed to pay yet another visit to the ER? Yup, he was feeling that bloaty feeling coming on again. Fortunately the tests this time showed no blockage, they just think it's his body trying to get back on track; so I took him home this time! Unfortunately, this unplanned stop caused us to miss the wedding of Greg's college friend, which was a real bummer. Chison, I don't know if you read this blog, but we are so sorry we missed your big day. I hope it was wonderful in every way, and can't wait to meet your new hubby sometime soon!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

It was so wonderful to see you too Cammie! I'm so happy the appointment went well, and I LOVE Target maternity clothes. You'll be stylin' at Disney. Maybe we'll see you :)

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I am glad you got a glimpse of the wee one.....I am positive "SHE" was looking back at you :-)

Mimi

Debbie said...

I'm just now getting caught up on your blog. OMG!!!!! I think you guys have had your share of scares and ER visits. It's time for things to settle down and enjoy life.

Seriously, I'm glad that you, baby and Greg are all doing well.

Enjoy your trip to Disney!

Michael and Michelle said...

Hooray! So glad to hear things are going well for all of you. It's soooo nice to hear the heartbeat and sneak any peeks you can when you visit the docs!

Anonymous said...

What a whirlwind you've had lately Cammie! Enjoy your trip, and your wonderful news!!! I am so, so happy for your family. I sure hope Greg's healing process continues to go well.

Anonymous said...

Ok, that last post we me Cammie... not signed in as usual!!! Karla

beanhead said...

Glad to hear things are well. Enjoy your trip.