Thursday, July 17, 2008

Catch Up, Part Five, Camping Day Three

On to our third day camping, also Ana's birthday! It was a pretty relaxing day actually. Our good friends and neighbors the Bernhardts joined us for a few hours for some beach fun early in the day and we finished off with a barbecue, cake, ice cream and time with the family. I took a lot of pictures, so we'll just get on with them!

Ana started out in the awesome pack and play that my friend Marcia passed on. It's hexagon shaped and has a tarp bottom and tent canopy to provide shade. Thanks Marcia, it's gotten so much use already! Anyways, Ana kept alternating peeking out beneath the canopy and just smushing her face up against the mesh sides. It was pretty darn funny!


Eventually she grew tired of being contained so we let her loose. Let's just say she enjoyed her freedom immensely! I spent the rest of the time chasing her all over the beach! Here she is doing her "signature crawl"!




One of the biggest events of the day was flying the kite Greg bought at one of the shops down on the beach strip the night before. He brought a gigantic ball of string from the RV and his goal was to get the kite in the air and to let out not only all the kite string, but to attach his ginormous ball of string and let that out as well. He really got it extremely high, spanning all the way from the beach to up and over the camp ground, but I ruined the fun by pleading him to reel it in before it crashed in someone's camp site. I was afraid of making enemies! Greg's thought was that by the time they followed the string all the way back to it's source that he would be gone...nice philosophy to teach the kids Greg! Anyways, here's a few shots of the kite flying adventures:

Elizabeth trying her hand at kite flying:



This was when it was WAY up there!! Greg had all the kids lined up on the string, I couldn't even bring the kite into focus with the camera!






Ian and Eric...I Love this shot...the excitement is just so obvious!



Alex getting his turn:



Most of the time though, they just had a ball swimming, splashing and digging.



Poor Alex, I can't tell you how many of these photos I took. Every time I looked up there was Lightning McQueen staring back at me!







After a day on the beach, we geared up for a barbecue with our family where we had more presents, and more cake smashing action! Thanks Nannie and Papa, Mimi, Auntie Agnes, Uncle Steve, and Auntie Amy for joining us down at the beach on her birthday!



Enjoying her cake, and the dolly from Gramma Char and Grampa Scott



Lovin' the musical card from Sharon. She figured out how to open it to make it go, and close to make it stop. Every card there after was opened and closed carefully, I swear she was trying to make it play music, little smartie pants!



What's wrong with this picture?



Ian had a little venture going on during the party, but I'm saving that for tomorrow's favorite photo Friday, so come back and read all about it! Ana had a quick wash up in the RV sink after everyone left, and enjoyed a nice pacha before drifting off to sleep.



What a nice first birthday.
Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh Cammie, your whole family is beautiful, but that darling little girl of yours is just so precious. Her smiles and personality shine right through my computer screen, it's like I'm there with you. Maybe it's because Olivia is about the same age and your descriptions are also what we are going through, but gosh I can't help but smile whenever I look at a picture of Ana.

Look at me, going on! Sorry...