Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Year Ago Today,

we were waking up after my sister's amazing wedding celebration. We had a leisurely morning spending time with my mum's family (from Scotland, Australia, and Texas whom we don't get to see often!) before some of them had to head home. When we got in the car to head home, it was with a feeling of relief that the craziness of planning everything was over and that we could start focusing on what was next. We were involved in a match for a domestic adoption and the mother was due to be induced the very next day! As we pulled onto our road, we received a phone call from our social worker, the baby had been born and we were back in frenzy mode trying to get everything ready to travel to Connecticut! The rest is history, another story that I think most of you know the end to. It's not the story I'll tell today though (but if you would like to read about it, click here). I've been thinking about this day coming all week. Remembering the emotions we were feeling and just thinking how amazing it is to be where we are just one year later. What didn't occur to me though, until this very moment at 6:40 in the morning is totally blowing my mind to think about. How poetic is it that today is the randomly assigned day that we will appear in the Rockingham Probate Court for Ana's re-adoption in New Hampshire?

5 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

It just proves that everything happens for a reason...and even though we may not understand at the time, God's plan WILL work out for all of us in His time, not ours. We are really learning that for ourselves!

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

This is very profound and now I have a lump in my throat.

Mimi

beanhead said...

I do not have much too say about this(imagine that hahah). I guess it it true that this life of ours is not controlled by us, but a much higher power.

Debbie said...

All the tears and pain have brought you tremendous joy by bringing Ana into your lives. I know you wouldn't have it any other way.

Nannie and Papa said...

Everything happens for a reason. At the time it doesn't seem that way but eventually the right thing happens and absolutely Ana is the RIGHT THING.

Love you, Mum