Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day!

We had a very nice Mother's Day today. It started a little rocky when Greg had to do something for work for a little while but we worked it out. The first thing I received was from Ian; a smile, hug and "Happy Mother's Day mumma" first thing this morning, that was enough to make my day special considering his usual attitude when waking up is far from pleasant! Anyways, shortly after getting up, Ian wanted to give me his "special" present. For some reason in our family, a holiday is not a holiday without silly string; one can for the celebrant and one for Ian so that was my first gift and out we went to the front lawn to pelt each other with colorful silly string (the neighbors must think we're nuts). I think I won the battle, but don't tell Ian I said that. When we came back in, Greg and Ian pulled out a sweet card with a gift certificate to Wal-Mart inside. Ian then announced that he wanted to take me out to dinner and a movie sometime this week but he was going to pay for everything. Greg said, "Yup mummy, Ian's going to pay for it all!" to which Ian replied quietly "but not from my money I'm saving for my Bakugan toy daddy!". Greg then assured him that he could spot him a few dollars to take mummy on a date. I guess we see where I rate huh?! Anyways, we were off around noon to spend time with both of our mothers and over all had a really nice day! Both Nannie and Mimi received the picture below from Ian and Ana, my favorite from the shoot we did yesterday afternoon, they loved it. We were again able to escape the "Mother's Day Water Curse" this year, I think we're in the clear now! The first Mother's Day in this house our water pump died while we were trying to shower for the day (guess how much extra we had to pay for them to come out on Mother's Day Sunday?!), then the next year, our basement flooded, and we spent the entire day ripping up carpet and sucking up water. Needless to say, we awaited the next Mother's Day in fear of what would happen next! Last year we did okay though, and I think it was the turning point, though we did have a little water incident at my mum and dad's today when my brother's dog decided to jump in their still covered pool. You can imagine my brother's excitement when he realized the only way they were getting Bella (an 85 pound lab) out of the pool was to get into that 50 degree water and hoist her out himself. So off he went to change while my brother-in-law sat and comforted Bella so she wouldn't freak out. Steven came out in my dad's swimsuit, my mum's purple and pink water shoes and a really disgruntled look on his face. I hope he's laughing at it now because we all got a good laugh at his expense (love you Stevie!). Anyways, hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!



I feel so extremely blessed to be called mummy by these two little people. How fitting is it that today, May 11th marks exactly two months since Ana was placed in our arms forever. What a cool coincidence, don't you think?!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Very cool Cammie! Happy Mother's Day!

beanhead said...

Sounds like a good day was had by all. You more then anyone deserved this mother's day. Ian and Ana are very lucky.

Nannie and Papa said...

What a beautiful picture. Thank you for a wonderful Mother's day. What a beautuful day we had. Stevie's jump in the pool added an extra giggle.

Love you so much and thank you for the absolutley wonderful picture. I brought it to work with me today and everyyone had the same reaction I did when I say it....a huge awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Love you, Mum

Debbie said...

It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day and I can't wait to read the post about your date night with Ian. Also, love the picture of the kids together.

Parent Coordinator said...

What a beautiful picture! Many happy days for you and your lovely family!

Michael and Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful...Happy Mother's Day!

Katie said...

ADORABLE !!