Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Nine Months Old!





Can you believe that Ana is 9 months old today? Usually I am posting these monthly birthdays with a heavy heart because we were not together. We are so blessed to finally have her home with us! Happy Nine Months Baby Girl! Seriously, can life get any better? I now not only have my snuggly cuddly Ian to wake up to, but I know I can now always count on a big gummy grin and pure excitement from Ana first thing in the morning. Just knowing she's happy to see me immediately makes my day!

I can't believe the gains she has made in just the two weeks that we have been home. She is now sitting independently (with the occasional, "oops, looked too far backward" tumble of course), she is beginning to bear weight on her legs, she is consistently getting finger foods in her mouth, she responds to her name, and she is rolling both ways more and more every day. Oh and we've found that she's a real drama queen. A couple times now,she's been happily jumping away in the jumper as I'm making a bottle for her. As soon as she sees the bottle, she starts to fuss and cry and scream. It's like, "I see it, why isn't it in my mouth yet?" It's quite humorous actually. Today I showed her how to bang two blocks together and she just thought that was the funniest thing ever! I gave them to her and she actually copied me and did it herself. It's so amazing to see the light bulbs go on!

We had a really good first "new normal" day. It was really nice to have one on one time with Ana this morning. She was so happy, which made me feel really good. Nap times are still shorter than I'd like, she takes two 20-40 minute naps a day. It seems like that is the magic waking time. Even when she goes to bed at night, we can count on 20-40 minutes afterward her waking up crying. Must have something to do with sleep patterns, maybe it's a shallow sleep and enough for her to be aware of the noises and smells that are still different to her. I don't know, but she seems pretty happy during the day none the less, so I guess that's what really matters! Anyways, Ian got home from school, did his piano practice, his home work, and we even worked in a game of Sorry while Ana was napping. All in all, a very pleasant day. Well that was until I broke the news to Ian that he was having a bath and I was actually cooking something for dinner tonight...he's been far too accustomed to sandwiches for dinner for quite some time now! That resulted in a minor battle, but not one we aren't well accustomed to!

I'm going to leave you with a little comparison of what a difference we are seeing in Ana over the course of a week.

She went from playing with food on her tray to consistenly getting that food in her mouth:



She went from sitting with her hands supporting her to sitting up straight and sturdy:


She can really get going in her jumper now, she loves it!



Oh, by the way. The sweater that she is wearing in the top pictures is the one I crocheted for her when we got out of PGN. I couldn't fasten all the buttons, so it was likely her first and last time wearing it. Oh well, at least I got a picture!

12 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

Oh my goodness she is simply beautiful. She looks awesome in pink...it's definitely her color!! Mike and I just giggle and grin over her beautiful pictures. We look forward to meeting her and holding her whenever she is ready for her adoring fans. I just want to squish those cheeks, give her a kiss, hug and a squish of those cheeks for me!! :)

beanhead said...

I am so glad to hear of her accomplishments. I love to hear the stories and how happy you all sound. Ana will be just as bright as Ian so you better watch out. You are in real trouble.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

Reading your blog always does my heart good! I love starting my day reading about the four of you :-)

especially after a trying morning with Penelope...............this blog is my dose of sanity!

Anonymous said...

I am so over-joyed for all of you. It's been a long trip for you but now all this joy and happiness will fill your days!
~Stacey Bellen

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo adorable...those cheeks! You have all been in my thoughts and I am so overjoyed for you. It is so great to see all of you together. I(especially Ryan) can't wait to meet Ana when time allows.

Hope to see you soon,
Liz

Amanda said...

Those photos are exactly what I imagined in my mind last week when I said she would soon adjust to the rhythm of your life. She is so beautiful and I can tell she adores her new family. I cannot wait to meet her!

Nannie and Papa said...

She is just a joy to be around. So now we have two beautiful grandchildren to adore. So happy everyone is settling into the new normal. So wonderful.

Love you all sooooo much,

Mum

Sharon said...

Cammie-The sweater is so sweet! Is there any way you can add to it to make it bigger? Maybe a stupid question but I am not a crocheter or knitter in the least! Just a thought.

Kim said...

Cammie I have to tell ya that your daughter could be my daughters sister. They look so much alike. Glad to hear that things are going well. You can check out our blog at http://www.kandkadopt.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Lili says Happy 9 month birthday Ana. Sorry I didn't get to see you again in Guatemala.

Anonymous said...

Lilana looks like she is doing very well. She has made many gains already and it has only been a little over 2 weeks. She is a beautiful little girl. I think the sweater you made looks great on her, too. I am so happy things worked out for you guys. I can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.