Thursday, April 10, 2008

Alpha Testers

So Greg has been working on this project. Pretty cool actually; he is finagling a bird house with a web cam. He bought a bird house, and fiddled with our web cam so it would operate in low light conditions. We're going to put the house out within the next week or so and we hope that some birds will take residence in it. Wouldn't it be super cool if a bird builds her nest and lays her eggs in it? We'll see! Anyways, he has put up a web site with streaming video and has pleaded with me to recruit some "alpha testers" for him. Would you all mind going to this website (you have to use Internet Explorer) and letting me know what you see? If it is working you will see a grey picture. It's what is in the bird house right now. I asked him to put something in there so you could confirm seeing something. Then I watched the site as he went out there stuffed some unidentifiable empty wrapper or something in there, so don't expect to be able to tell me what it is, I don't even know (men!). If it's not working, you'll see a black screen. Thanks for your help! Once it's working, I'll have a permanent link so you can watch whenever you want!

16 comments:

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

I see it!!!!!!!!!!

Michael and Michelle said...

I can see it too...so very exciting...will the wrapper change into something else...???:)STay tuned to find out...hehehehe

beanhead said...

O.K. I see it, and I want to know what was in the wrapper that Greg did not share with me. Not nice to not share.

Anonymous said...

Yayaya!
I am so happy it is working.

This weekend, I am going to finalize all the set..and mount the bird house.......Vote, should I include sound?

-Greg

beanhead said...

That would be really cool if you could.

Mimi to Ian, Liliana and Cooper said...

SOUND!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

I have a Mac Greg! Do you hate me?

:)

Sharon said...

I'm pretty sure that I saw a Dorito bag in there! Sound would be cool if you can do it Greg.

Anonymous said...

You have a MAC-Stink?

-Greg

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I finally saw it. Sound would be great, too.

Debbie said...

I wasn't able to see anything but black the first few times I tried, but now I'm getting a picture. YEAH!

Anonymous said...

it's working, Grammy Char

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bird Cam update!
I've hung the bird house on a tree outside of the house.

The other day I had to run a wire from the house to the tree (Yes, Cammie was not aware of this one minor detail)

By the end of this coming weekend, every thing should be online!
-Greg

Anonymous said...

Hello-o-o-o-o is anyone here????