Monday, April 28, 2008

My Aunt

This morning at 4:00am my aunt lost her year and a half long battle with breast cancer. My aunt Karen is the wife of my dad's twin brother and though we didn't see each other very much, I still feel very close to them. We were just up visiting last weekend showing off Ana, she had been so looking forward to meeting her! Ana had been running a temp on and off and my aunt had just completed another (experimental) round of chemotherapy so we didn't want to take any chances on getting her sick. After a few days, we decided that the fever was due to teething (the two front bottom teeth finally popped through!) and brought her up last Sunday. I am so grateful she and Ana were able to meet, I'll be able to tell Ana some day just how smitten her great Auntie Karen was with her. I think what I'll remember most about my Aunt is the way whenever we got together she would inevitably end up sitting in each of our laps before the visit was over. She would play with our hair and ask us questions about what was going on in our lives. She just had a way of making every one she came in contact with feel so special. If you could, would you mind saying a prayer for our family as we all work through this loss? Especially for her husband, her three sons, her beautiful little grand daughter (she's only 6), and her parents and siblings. She was a generous, caring, funny, amazing woman and she will be sorely missed by so many people.

6 comments:

beanhead said...

My family is sending up prayers for you tonight. I am so sorry for you loss. I am hear for you.
Love,
Irene, Luke, and Ella
P.S.
My mom wanted me to tell you that she is thinking of you all at this hard time.

terrikran1969 said...

Dear Cammie,

Please relay my sympathy to your whole family. I'm very sorry for your lose. I know how you're all feeling because I'm still devestated from the lose of my mom a few weeks ago.
I'll keep you all in my prayers. Again my deepest sympathy to your family.

Love,
Terri

Amanda said...

I am so sorry for your loss and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Amanda

Michael and Michelle said...

I am sorry, as well, for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone you love. We will pray for you and the family as you all go through this difficult time.

Love you,
Michelle

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. It certainly sounds like you all lost a beautiful and wonderful woman. I am so happy to hear that she left such positive and fond memories for you though. Her example of love and care will stay with you forever.

Gail said...

I am so glad your Aunt got to meet Ana. I'm sure that made her very happy. I'll be praying for all the family.
GAil